ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe motherboard (KingMax, Corsair, Winxp not..

moe

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

I have had one hell of an experience with ASUS P5AD2 MB, acting as an
amature not reading the manual.

I was using ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe motherboard, p4-30 GHZ, KigMax 1 gig
Ram, 480 Antec PSU 20 pin (it works believe me), 128 MB PCI Express
X300 video card.

If you are overclocking the MB it only supports the certain list of
memories modules which are listed in the manual, which you can check
your manual.

If the RAM is not compatible the windows XP will not boot or crashing
with blue screen constantly stating that MBR has virus or do chkdsk on
the disk. If you are trying to boot from the CD the system will crash
while going thru the setup of WINXP (windows xp) after stating
"starting windows xp setup". I tried going thru the safe mode boot up
and it would crash on drvmain.sbd and blue screen. Finally I was able
to figure out that the memory is not supported.
http://www.digital-daily.com/cpu/kingmax-ddr2/

Once i replaced with Samsug Memory M378T2953BGO-CD5, it booted up like
a charm with no problems. Not to mention setting up raid is a bitch
in the system if you are newbie. Raid drivers are on the CD of ASUS
cd rom which you have put on the floppy and while going thru winxp
seutp you have load the RAID drivers.

But I must tell you it was all worth it once it was up and
running..it's superb motherboard..

I hope this helps to some newbie who acted like fool like me.

Moe

> Not to mention setting up raid is a bitch
>in the system if you are newbie. Raid drivers are on the CD of ASUS
>cd rom which you have put on the floppy and while going thru winxp
>seutp you have load the RAID drivers.

You have to put the RAID drivers from the CD, onto a floppy?