Mike

Splendid

Wanted to know personal recommendations for twin memory modules for the
P4C800 Deluxe. Want to purchase 2 x 512. Any comments would be appreciated.
Mike

"Mike" <johnsmith@acorn.org> wrote in message
> Wanted to know personal recommendations for twin memory modules for the
> P4C800 Deluxe. Want to purchase 2 x 512. Any comments would be
> appreciated.
> Mike

We are a dealer and have had good success with Corsair, Kingston, Crucial,
twin modules with that board.

--

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS

"Mike" wrote
> Wanted to know personal recommendations for twin memory modules for the
> P4C800 Deluxe. Want to purchase 2 x 512. Any comments would be
> appreciated.

Hi,

I'm using 1GB (2x512) of Crucial *Ballistix* PC3200 with an ASUS P4C800E and
its all good. Currently overclocking the memory at 231MHz 1:1 (2.5-3-3-8)
2.7vDimm.

Dunno what it is with this ASUS mobo but the memory runs *burning* hot so I
have a large fan hanging down for cooling. It didn't crash or anything just
I don't like my components to run to hot when it is simple to cool them. . .
..

Wayne ][

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <41b8f051$1_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>,
waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk says...

> "Mike" wrote
> > Wanted to know personal recommendations for twin memory modules for the
> > P4C800 Deluxe. Want to purchase 2 x 512. Any comments would be
> > appreciated.
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm using 1GB (2x512) of Crucial *Ballistix* PC3200 with an ASUS P4C800E and
> its all good. Currently overclocking the memory at 231MHz 1:1 (2.5-3-3-8)
> 2.7vDimm.
>
> Dunno what it is with this ASUS mobo but the memory runs *burning* hot so I
> have a large fan hanging down for cooling. It didn't crash or anything just
> I don't like my components to run to hot when it is simple to cool them. . .
> .
>
> Wayne ][

This is the first time I've not had a Dell, so please forgive questions
about what I probably should know, but don't.

I have the P4C800 E Deluxe with a P4, 3.2 cpu and 2 gig of Kingston
Value Ram (4x512). Win XP Pro SP1 (primarily using Firefox and not IE).

I am wondering about overclocking the cpu and/or the memory. How do you
do it and how much would be recommended? Any estimate of what
percentage gain I would experience?

I multi-task quite extensively and I use Dragon Speech Recognition
Software which is very demanding on memory and cpu and anything else it
can get it's hands on :). They have just issued a new version and it
is even more processor and memory demanding.

Thanks for any suggestions and education you can offer.

Louise

I would try 5%-10%, I have the same motherboard and am overclocking mine 10%
and it is solid.