Deleted Files

I did a virus scan and found 5 infected files, three of
which I deleted, as recommended by McAfee, because they
couldn't be cleaned.Now I'm concerned that I shouldn't
have deleted them. The files were winsystem.exe,
scrgrd.exe, and A0002544. Can anyone tell be if they are
necessary files, and, if so, can they be restored?
4 answers Last reply
More about deleted files

    Go to google.com and enter the files and do a search. I think you'll find
    the answers you need.

    "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I did a virus scan and found 5 infected files, three of
    > which I deleted, as recommended by McAfee, because they
    > couldn't be cleaned.Now I'm concerned that I shouldn't
    > have deleted them. The files were winsystem.exe,
    > scrgrd.exe, and A0002544. Can anyone tell be if they are
    > necessary files, and, if so, can they be restored?

    Bah, do the google for her ;)

    All of those files were ok to delete. Generally speaking, critical
    system files will not be deleted by the antivirus even if they are
    infected. Instead it will usually send you to a removal website/tool ;)

    Oh, and by the way, those were related to a worm/trojan virus:
    http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-blaire-worm.html

    Nathan McNulty

    Norm wrote:

    > Go to google.com and enter the files and do a search. I think you'll find
    > the answers you need.
    >
    > "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I did a virus scan and found 5 infected files, three of
    >>which I deleted, as recommended by McAfee, because they
    >>couldn't be cleaned.Now I'm concerned that I shouldn't
    >>have deleted them. The files were winsystem.exe,
    >>scrgrd.exe, and A0002544. Can anyone tell be if they are
    >>necessary files, and, if so, can they be restored?

    Couldn't disagree more. I find it that showing people how to use the tools
    that they have available to them to help themselves makes much more sense.

    "Nathan McNulty" <525676@betaweb.com> wrote in message
    > Bah, do the google for her ;)
    >
    > All of those files were ok to delete. Generally speaking, critical
    > system files will not be deleted by the antivirus even if they are
    > infected. Instead it will usually send you to a removal website/tool ;)
    >
    > Oh, and by the way, those were related to a worm/trojan virus:
    > http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-blaire-worm.html
    >
    > Nathan McNulty
    >
    > Norm wrote:
    >
    > > Go to google.com and enter the files and do a search. I think you'll
    find
    > > the answers you need.
    > >
    > > "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I did a virus scan and found 5 infected files, three of
    > >>which I deleted, as recommended by McAfee, because they
    > >>couldn't be cleaned.Now I'm concerned that I shouldn't
    > >>have deleted them. The files were winsystem.exe,
    > >>scrgrd.exe, and A0002544. Can anyone tell be if they are
    > >>necessary files, and, if so, can they be restored?

    True, give a man a fish and he'll have a nice meal. Teach a man to fish
    and he'll have food for the rest of his life. I just think telling
    people, "Go to Google", would apply to most people who post their
    problems in here and doesn't really help them (I mean, they may not know
    what Google is) ;)

    Nathan McNulty

    Norm wrote:

    > Couldn't disagree more. I find it that showing people how to use the tools
    > that they have available to them to help themselves makes much more sense.
    >
    > "Nathan McNulty" <525676@betaweb.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Bah, do the google for her ;)
    >>
    >>All of those files were ok to delete. Generally speaking, critical
    >>system files will not be deleted by the antivirus even if they are
    >>infected. Instead it will usually send you to a removal website/tool ;)
    >>
    >>Oh, and by the way, those were related to a worm/trojan virus:
    >>http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-blaire-worm.html
    >>
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>
    >>Norm wrote:
    >>

    >>>Go to google.com and enter the files and do a search. I think you'll
    >
    > find
    >
    >>>the answers you need.
    >>>
    >>>"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Microsoft Windows XP