48-bit LBA-compatible BIOS???

Do all current Asus motherboards have a 48-bit LBA-compatible BIOS? I
would expect so but couldn't find any mention of that spec on the Asus
web page.

Paul

Splendid

In article <bgijr0p1ikrlf0bt7e2l2neeqvk5btnn9l@4ax.com>, Alan Howard
<alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do all current Asus motherboards have a 48-bit LBA-compatible BIOS? I
> would expect so but couldn't find any mention of that spec on the Asus
> web page.

http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx

"Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)."

HTH,
Paul

I assume " (137 GB HDD)" means anything larger than that up to the
limits of 48-bit LBA, yes?

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:42:52 -0500, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <bgijr0p1ikrlf0bt7e2l2neeqvk5btnn9l@4ax.com>, Alan Howard
><alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do all current Asus motherboards have a 48-bit LBA-compatible BIOS? I
>> would expect so but couldn't find any mention of that spec on the Asus
>> web page.
>
>http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx
>
>"Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
> support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)."
>
>HTH,
> Paul

Paul

Splendid

In article <s0ror01439q81rob9qki5dlms7kmoou6ts@4ax.com>, Alan Howard
<alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I assume " (137 GB HDD)" means anything larger than that up to the
> limits of 48-bit LBA, yes?

Yes.
Paul