Netgear WG311V2 is failing to connect Netgear WGR614 Router

I have a wireless router (Netgear WGR614) with the latest firmware and
I bought a Netgear wireless card WG311V2. I have the Router in my
basement and a PC connected thru Ethernet cable. My PC upstairs uses
this wireless card to connect to the router and it was working
perfectly fine. One fine day, I had some problem with my PC(nothing
related to virus or network), So I decided to format and reinstall
Win2k with SP4. The hell broke loose..! Ever since, I am unable to
maintain a connection properly. The connection seem to break away every
few minutes.. (At random intervals..). I have tried everything I can..
Moved the PC/Router around and when the PC was next to my router, it
works fine.. But when upstairs its pretty slow and also my encryption
is slowing down my connection speed(I have a cable connection).

Can anyone suggest any solution.. btw, I detected that one of my
neighbour has a linksys wireless network and its showing up in the
connection pan... but its still connecting to my network.. Anything to
do with that????

Any response would be greatly appreciated...

Hi,

I don't know a lot about the wireless networking, but have a pretty similar
setup with the Netgear WGR614 and my neighbor has a Linksys setup. I posted
a question just a few minutes ago asking if changing channels could help his
system from dropping the connection. It could your system and your neighbors
are both on the same channel and causing conflict, but I'm not sure if this
even an issue because I don't completely understand it that well. You might
try changing your channel from whatever it is on to another one -- usually 1,
6 or 11 and make sure your wireless devices are set to the same.

"pg.242w@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have a wireless router (Netgear WGR614) with the latest firmware and
> I bought a Netgear wireless card WG311V2. I have the Router in my
> basement and a PC connected thru Ethernet cable. My PC upstairs uses
> this wireless card to connect to the router and it was working
> perfectly fine. One fine day, I had some problem with my PC(nothing
> related to virus or network), So I decided to format and reinstall
> Win2k with SP4. The hell broke loose..! Ever since, I am unable to
> maintain a connection properly. The connection seem to break away every
> few minutes.. (At random intervals..). I have tried everything I can..
> Moved the PC/Router around and when the PC was next to my router, it
> works fine.. But when upstairs its pretty slow and also my encryption
> is slowing down my connection speed(I have a cable connection).
>
> Can anyone suggest any solution.. btw, I detected that one of my
> neighbour has a linksys wireless network and its showing up in the
> connection pan... but its still connecting to my network.. Anything to
> do with that????
>
> Any response would be greatly appreciated...

I did check the channels....I use 11 and its a 'G' and the linksys
router is a 'B'.... So I am not sure how that should interfear with my
network...

Please let me know if you find anything that will solve our problem.. I
will do the same..

Thanks again..!

peter

Go to services and turn off windows wireless zero configuration
Use only the Netgear configuration program.
hope this helps
peter
<pg.242w@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a wireless router (Netgear WGR614) with the latest firmware and
> I bought a Netgear wireless card WG311V2. I have the Router in my
> basement and a PC connected thru Ethernet cable. My PC upstairs uses
> this wireless card to connect to the router and it was working
> perfectly fine. One fine day, I had some problem with my PC(nothing
> related to virus or network), So I decided to format and reinstall
> Win2k with SP4. The hell broke loose..! Ever since, I am unable to
> maintain a connection properly. The connection seem to break away every
> few minutes.. (At random intervals..). I have tried everything I can..
> Moved the PC/Router around and when the PC was next to my router, it
> works fine.. But when upstairs its pretty slow and also my encryption
> is slowing down my connection speed(I have a cable connection).
>
> Can anyone suggest any solution.. btw, I detected that one of my
> neighbour has a linksys wireless network and its showing up in the
> connection pan... but its still connecting to my network.. Anything to
> do with that????
>
> Any response would be greatly appreciated...

I checked it last night again, and I was able to scan and find my
network...! It shows the channel as 48(G) with 100%. Also it picks up
the linksys Channel as 136(B) with 100%.

But Its still not connecting to my network.. It sometimes says, that
the network card is unplugged.. I cant even do 'ipconfig'... I have
assigned IP addresses and also use MAC ID for distinguish my PC on the
router side.... Can anyone help me please???

Thanks,...

I believe that wireless zero config is only available on XP; they're
talking Win2K here.

I have the same exact situation. I have a Netgear WGR614 router with
the latest firmware and
I bought a Netgear wireless card WG311V2. I had no problem in the past
and one fine day hell broke loose... Ever since, I get droped out every
other minute on my wireless PC...!

When I scan, I see 100% signal on Chennel 48(G) on my status window.
Also I see that there are 2 more networks in my neighbourhood but they
all use Linksys 136(B). Will it be a prblem because this happens in the
night time when I see those 2 networks. Other times, when there is only
my network, I have no prblem.

Can anyone help me please.. Is there any channel setting I can set to
avoide such situations...????

I have SSID enabled and I use MAC Address to capture my network card on
the router side as well as the PC side....

Thanks in advance for all your input...!

[...]

Helloooooo!!! Anyone has any ideas....

Thanks in advance...!