jeff

For the experts

P4c800e

AIW9800 pro in agp slot

I have 5 pci cards

1) Pinnacle Editing card
2) ATI hdtv Wonder
3) Hauppaugue TV card
4) Adaptec duo connect usb/firewire card
5) Zoom pci voice modem

Is there a perfect order that these should be configured to the MB to
maximize effectiveness?

TIA

Jeff

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I saw your post and couldn't help but ask about the tv cards you have. I
have the AIW9800 card as well, but when I ran it on my system running the tv
application, it would alway lock my computer. So I switched to the nVidia
FX5700 since I have multiple monitors and ATI doesn't support that.

How do you like your Hauppauge TV card?

"Jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
> For the experts
>
> P4c800e
>
> AIW9800 pro in agp slot
>
> I have 5 pci cards
>
> 1) Pinnacle Editing card
> 2) ATI hdtv Wonder
> 3) Hauppaugue TV card
> 4) Adaptec duo connect usb/firewire card
> 5) Zoom pci voice modem
>
> Is there a perfect order that these should be configured to the MB to
> maximize effectiveness?
>
> TIA
>
> Jeff

jeff

Steve,

I'm actually in the final stages of configuring everything.

I'm using MCE 2005 and will probaly be using their tv interface (dual
tuners) not the MMC interface by ATI since i belive it's incompatible in MCE
2005.

Jeff

ender

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:53:31 -0500, "Jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote:

>For the experts
>
>P4c800e
>
>AIW9800 pro in agp slot
>
>I have 5 pci cards
>
>1) Pinnacle Editing card
>2) ATI hdtv Wonder
>3) Hauppaugue TV card
>4) Adaptec duo connect usb/firewire card
>5) Zoom pci voice modem
>
>Is there a perfect order that these should be configured to the MB to
>maximize effectiveness?
>
>TIA
>
>Jeff

The OS you use will be big determing factor in how sensitive card
placement will be. It should not be a big issue with XP. I would
check to see which devices require an IRQ and then use the IRQ map on
page 2-15 of the manual as a guide to avoiding conflicts. As an
example, I wanted my soundcard to have an exclusive assignment
(probably wasn't necessary but since it was possible, why not...) so I
put it in slot 5 and left slot 1 empty. Since those two slots share
with each other and no onboard devices, it is exclusive. Aside from
slots 1 and 5 all the other slots share with at least one onboard
device. I do not use the onboard 1394 device, so I disabled that in
the bios and that left slot 4 open for exclusive assignment should I
need it. I also disabled the onboard LAN due to a driver conflict
with my firewall during OS loading and dropped in a PCI lan card into
slot 2 (which shared resources with the onboard LAN) to assure no
conflict.

It looks like you are heavy into video capture/editing and that stuff
is pretty fussy, but the short answer is, if you are not having any
problems, leave it the way it is!

Good luck,

Ender

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Steve wrote:
> I saw your post and couldn't help but ask about the tv cards you have. I
> have the AIW9800 card as well, but when I ran it on my system running the tv
> application, it would alway lock my computer. So I switched to the nVidia
> FX5700 since I have multiple monitors and ATI doesn't support that.
>
> How do you like your Hauppauge TV card?
>

> "Jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>For the experts
>>
>>P4c800e
>>
>>AIW9800 pro in agp slot
>>
>>I have 5 pci cards
>>
>>1) Pinnacle Editing card
>>2) ATI hdtv Wonder
>>3) Hauppaugue TV card
>>4) Adaptec duo connect usb/firewire card
>>5) Zoom pci voice modem
>>
>>Is there a perfect order that these should be configured to the MB to
>>maximize effectiveness?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Jeff

Why are you using an AIW ATI with a tv tuner plus a Hauppauge tv card as
they both preform the same tv function?
Just curious.
Frank

jeff

"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
> > I saw your post and couldn't help but ask about the tv cards you have. I
> > have the AIW9800 card as well, but when I ran it on my system running
the tv
> > application, it would alway lock my computer. So I switched to the
nVidia
> > FX5700 since I have multiple monitors and ATI doesn't support that.
> >
> > How do you like your Hauppauge TV card?
> >

> > "Jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>For the experts
> >>
> >>P4c800e
> >>
> >>AIW9800 pro in agp slot
> >>
> >>I have 5 pci cards
> >>
> >>1) Pinnacle Editing card
> >>2) ATI hdtv Wonder
> >>3) Hauppaugue TV card
> >>4) Adaptec duo connect usb/firewire card
> >>5) Zoom pci voice modem
> >>
> >>Is there a perfect order that these should be configured to the MB to
> >>maximize effectiveness?
> >>
> >>TIA
> >>
> >>Jeff
> >>

> Why are you using an AIW ATI with a tv tuner plus a Hauppauge tv card as
> they both preform the same tv function?
> Just curious.
> Frank

Frank,

With Microsoft's Media center edition 2005, you can have a PC with dual
tuners, watch one, record another.

Jeff