SATA

July 16, 2004 12:19:07 AM

HI,

Can someone please tell me if I need a different power connector to run a
Sata hard disk. Or will the standard ATX power connector work. I have the
stata data cables. Any help would be most welcomed.

Regards,
Monty

More about : sata

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 12:19:08 AM

Hello

Well did your drive come with documentation or a manual
try reading that or look up the drive on the net and get the
spec's that you need

Al

Monty wrote:

> HI,
>
> Can someone please tell me if I need a different power connector to run a
> Sata hard disk. Or will the standard ATX power connector work. I have the
> stata data cables. Any help would be most welcomed.
>
> Regards,
> Monty
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 12:19:08 AM

"Monty" <monty@python.com> wrote...

> Can someone please tell me if I need a different power connector to run a
> Sata hard disk. Or will the standard ATX power connector work. I have the
> stata data cables.

Depends on the HD. WD Raptors can use either power cable.
Related resources
July 16, 2004 12:19:09 AM

Serial ATA connectors on the motherboard help as well.

"John R Weiss" wrote:

> "Monty" <monty@python.com> wrote...
> >
> > Can someone please tell me if I need a different power connector to run a
> > Sata hard disk. Or will the standard ATX power connector work. I have the
> > stata data cables.
>
> Depends on the HD. WD Raptors can use either power cable.

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 1:02:53 AM

Al,

Thanks for the response. I should have said that I have as yet to purchase a
sata drive. It was a inquiry, I don't want to change the power supply.
"Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Well did your drive come with documentation or a manual
> try reading that or look up the drive on the net and get the
> spec's that you need
>
> Al
>

> Monty wrote:
>
> > HI,
> >
> > Can someone please tell me if I need a different power connector to run
> > Sata hard disk. Or will the standard ATX power connector work. I have
the
> > stata data cables. Any help would be most welcomed.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Monty

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 1:02:54 AM

You do not need a new power supply for a SATA drive. There is a
convertor that comes with your SATA Harddrive that will change a 4 pin
molex into the SATA power source. If it doesn't come with one, they only
cost about $3 ;)

Nathan McNulty

Monty wrote:

> Al,
>
> Thanks for the response. I should have said that I have as yet to purchase a
> sata drive. It was a inquiry, I don't want to change the power supply.
> "Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello
>>
>>Well did your drive come with documentation or a manual
>>try reading that or look up the drive on the net and get the
>>spec's that you need
>>
>>Al
>>

>>Monty wrote:
>>

>>>HI,
>>>
>>>Can someone please tell me if I need a different power connector to run

>>>Sata hard disk. Or will the standard ATX power connector work. I have
>
> the
>
>>>stata data cables. Any help would be most welcomed.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Monty

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 1:35:24 AM

Thanks Nathan, thats what I needed to know.

Regards

Monty.
news:o llknfqaEHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!