A8V revision number ?

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Hello,

I just bought an A8V and I wonder how to know the revision number of my
board ? I would like to be sure this is a 2.0.

Thanks,
Alain

Paul

Splendid

In article <41bac656$0$32229$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>, "Kenny"
<kenny.@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just bought an A8V and I wonder how to know the revision number of my
> board ? I would like to be sure this is a 2.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Alain

http://abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84879&highlight=a8v+revision

If you look on page 24 of this manual, then look between PCI slot
4 and 5, you'll see "A8V Rev 1.0".

ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/a8v-deluxe/e1642_a8v_deluxe.pdf

Check between slot 4 and slot 5 and tell us what you find.
I cannot find any posting on Abxzone that positively claims
the revision is printed between the slots, so maybe you
can confirm that.

Paul

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 05:56:46 -0500, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>Check between slot 4 and slot 5 and tell us what you find.
>I cannot find any posting on Abxzone that positively claims
>the revision is printed between the slots, so maybe you
>can confirm that.

With my Rev 2.0 board it is definitely printed between those
two slots.

Bert

that.

> With my Rev 2.0 board it is definitely printed between those
> two slots.
>
> Bert
Yes it is. Thanks

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This revision stuff drives me nuts. It never seems safe to buy.

I have a Rev 1 (or 1.1, I think) board. Anything I need to worry about?

I don't overclock so the one thing I read about doesn't affect me I believe.

-Larry

"Kenny" <kenny.@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just bought an A8V and I wonder how to know the revision number of my
> board ? I would like to be sure this is a 2.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Alain

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Larry" <none@none.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> This revision stuff drives me nuts. It never seems safe to buy.
>
> I have a Rev 1 (or 1.1, I think) board. Anything I need to worry about?
>
> I don't overclock so the one thing I read about doesn't affect me I
> believe.
>
> -Larry

YEP, nothing to worry about.