Problems with external hard drive.

Hi,
I've just bought a 160gig external hard disk but I can't
get windowsxp to display an icon for it. I've checked in
system properties and it's recognised there but it says
that it isn't "initialised"???

Can anyone help? I'm running xp on a laptop if that makes
any difference?

Colm

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

Right click on My Computer, Select Manage, Open Disk Management, Right click on the drive... and do your thing.

"Colm O Leary" wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just bought a 160gig external hard disk but I can't
> get windowsxp to display an icon for it. I've checked in
> system properties and it's recognised there but it says
> that it isn't "initialised"???
>
> Can anyone help? I'm running xp on a laptop if that makes
> any difference?
>
> Colm

Thanks for the help Billy,
Drive formatted great and works fine now. Your a
lifesaver!
Colm