xp compatibility with Microsoft word

Can some one tell me if it's possible to send xp works
document via the e-mail and how. I have tryed and people
with Microsoft word, say they cannot open the documents.
Do I have to save it in a different format first or
something.
3 answers Last reply
More about compatibility microsoft word

    You can save the WORKS document as a WORD file by clicking
    file/save as and then selecting the WORD .doc format in the
    file type box. You can save the file as an rtf file which
    can be opened by any word processor.
    Your friends can download a free converter plug-in for
    Office the will convert WORKS files.
    WORKS uses .wps for words. .wks for spreadsheets and .wdb
    and a different code method than OFFICE programs.
    To run the converter all they have to do is install the
    downloaded program and open the desired program. Use the
    program file menu to select and open the file.

    AJ wrote:
    > Can some one tell me if it's possible to send xp works
    > document via the e-mail and how. I have tryed and people
    > with Microsoft word, say they cannot open the documents.
    > Do I have to save it in a different format first or
    > something.

    Save it as a WORD document...

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    The office group would be a better selection to post to, MS Works or Word are not hardware.

    "AJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e68301c46acc$d5a72470$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > Can some one tell me if it's possible to send xp works
    > document via the e-mail and how. I have tryed and people
    > with Microsoft word, say they cannot open the documents.
    > Do I have to save it in a different format first or
    > something.

Microsoft Word Compatibility Windows XP