xp compatibility with Microsoft word

July 15, 2004 9:35:46 PM

Can some one tell me if it's possible to send xp works
document via the e-mail and how. I have tryed and people
with Microsoft word, say they cannot open the documents.
Do I have to save it in a different format first or
something.
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 12:38:20 AM

You can save the WORKS document as a WORD file by clicking
file/save as and then selecting the WORD .doc format in the
file type box. You can save the file as an rtf file which
can be opened by any word processor.
Your friends can download a free converter plug-in for
Office the will convert WORKS files.
WORKS uses .wps for words. .wks for spreadsheets and .wdb
and a different code method than OFFICE programs.
To run the converter all they have to do is install the
downloaded program and open the desired program. Use the
program file menu to select and open the file.

"AJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Can some one tell me if it's possible to send xp works
| document via the e-mail and how. I have tryed and people
| with Microsoft word, say they cannot open the documents.
| Do I have to save it in a different format first or
| something.
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 1:16:50 AM

AJ wrote:
> Can some one tell me if it's possible to send xp works
> document via the e-mail and how. I have tryed and people
> with Microsoft word, say they cannot open the documents.
> Do I have to save it in a different format first or
> something.

Save it as a WORD document...

--
<- Shenan ->
July 16, 2004 1:29:59 AM

The office group would be a better selection to post to, MS Works or Word are not hardware.

!