USB annoyance

I have had the same trouble over and over with USb products, and it's
just getting plain annoying.

When I connected a USB device to my computer, I was impatient as
Microsoft was taking a long time to regonize it. So I pulled out the
USB cord and Windows said "you may not be able to use you USB devise"
or something like that. Fine. So when I tried to reconnect the (same)
devise a day later to the SAME usb port, the computer made the "USB
disconnect" sound "the deep beep" two times. This proved the same
every time I connectwed the same device to the same USb port. Of
course, when I connected the device to another USB port on the same
computer, everything worked fine. This has happened to me before.
Basically what I want to know is how do you "reset" a certain USB
port? One port is dead to one device, and I'm sure there is a way to
kind of "reset" that port. Thanks for any help.

android wrote:
> I have had the same trouble over and over with USb products, and it's
> just getting plain annoying.
>
> When I connected a USB device to my computer, I was impatient as
> Microsoft was taking a long time to regonize it. So I pulled out the
> USB cord and Windows said "you may not be able to use you USB devise"
> or something like that. Fine. So when I tried to reconnect the (same)
> devise a day later to the SAME usb port, the computer made the "USB
> disconnect" sound "the deep beep" two times. This proved the same
> every time I connectwed the same device to the same USb port. Of
> course, when I connected the device to another USB port on the same
> computer, everything worked fine. This has happened to me before.
> Basically what I want to know is how do you "reset" a certain USB
> port? One port is dead to one device, and I'm sure there is a way to
> kind of "reset" that port. Thanks for any help.

Does anything work in that port?
It is possible you fried it.

--
<- Shenan ->

Open device manager and remove the port.

Reboot.

<andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I have had the same trouble over and over with USb
products, and it's
| just getting plain annoying.
|
| When I connected a USB device to my computer, I was
impatient as
| Microsoft was taking a long time to regonize it. So I
pulled out the
| USB cord and Windows said "you may not be able to use you
USB devise"
| or something like that. Fine. So when I tried to reconnect
the (same)
| devise a day later to the SAME usb port, the computer made
the "USB
| disconnect" sound "the deep beep" two times. This proved
the same
| every time I connectwed the same device to the same USb
port. Of
| course, when I connected the device to another USB port on
the same
| computer, everything worked fine. This has happened to me
before.
| Basically what I want to know is how do you "reset" a
certain USB
| port? One port is dead to one device, and I'm sure there
is a way to
| kind of "reset" that port. Thanks for any help.

No, only one USb product diesen't work in that port, all other devices do.
And if i remove the port, will it come back on bootup?

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message news:<OxNc5ntaEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Open device manager and remove the port.
>
> Reboot.
>

> <andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | I have had the same trouble over and over with USb
> products, and it's
> | just getting plain annoying.
> |
> | When I connected a USB device to my computer, I was
> impatient as
> | Microsoft was taking a long time to regonize it. So I
> pulled out the
> | USB cord and Windows said "you may not be able to use you
> USB devise"
> | or something like that. Fine. So when I tried to reconnect
> the (same)
> | devise a day later to the SAME usb port, the computer made
> the "USB
> | disconnect" sound "the deep beep" two times. This proved
> the same
> | every time I connectwed the same device to the same USb
> port. Of
> | course, when I connected the device to another USB port on
> the same
> | computer, everything worked fine. This has happened to me
> before.
> | Basically what I want to know is how do you "reset" a
> certain USB
> | port? One port is dead to one device, and I'm sure there
> is a way to
> | kind of "reset" that port. Thanks for any help.

No, only one USb product diesen't work in that port, all other devices do.
And if i remove the port, will it come back on bootup?

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message news:<OxNc5ntaEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Open device manager and remove the port.
>
> Reboot.
>

> <andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | I have had the same trouble over and over with USb
> products, and it's
> | just getting plain annoying.
> |
> | When I connected a USB device to my computer, I was
> impatient as
> | Microsoft was taking a long time to regonize it. So I
> pulled out the
> | USB cord and Windows said "you may not be able to use you
> USB devise"
> | or something like that. Fine. So when I tried to reconnect
> the (same)
> | devise a day later to the SAME usb port, the computer made
> the "USB
> | disconnect" sound "the deep beep" two times. This proved
> the same
> | every time I connectwed the same device to the same USb
> port. Of
> | course, when I connected the device to another USB port on
> the same
> | computer, everything worked fine. This has happened to me
> before.
> | Basically what I want to know is how do you "reset" a
> certain USB
> | port? One port is dead to one device, and I'm sure there
> is a way to
> | kind of "reset" that port. Thanks for any help.

Actually, it isn't the port if other USB products are working in the
same port. If you remove it, yes, it will show back up as Windows will
reinstall it for you.

Have you tried using a different USB cable? But that doesn't seem to
make sense if it works in other USB Ports. Why not just use it in what
works and not worry about it? Windows probably got messed up when you
plugged it in and removed it while it was trying to install it.

Nathan McNulty

android wrote:

> No, only one USb product diesen't work in that port, all other devices do.
> And if i remove the port, will it come back on bootup?
>
> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message news:<OxNc5ntaEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
>
>>Open device manager and remove the port.
>>
>>Reboot.
>>

>> <andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>| I have had the same trouble over and over with USb
>> products, and it's
>>| just getting plain annoying.
>>|
>>| When I connected a USB device to my computer, I was
>> impatient as
>>| Microsoft was taking a long time to regonize it. So I
>> pulled out the
>>| USB cord and Windows said "you may not be able to use you
>> USB devise"
>>| or something like that. Fine. So when I tried to reconnect
>> the (same)
>>| devise a day later to the SAME usb port, the computer made
>> the "USB
>>| disconnect" sound "the deep beep" two times. This proved
>> the same
>>| every time I connectwed the same device to the same USb
>> port. Of
>>| course, when I connected the device to another USB port on
>> the same
>>| computer, everything worked fine. This has happened to me
>> before.
>>| Basically what I want to know is how do you "reset" a
>> certain USB
>>| port? One port is dead to one device, and I'm sure there
>> is a way to
>>| kind of "reset" that port. Thanks for any help.

Yes and you can install your devices again, it is probably
the only way to get that device to work.

"android" <andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| No, only one USb product diesen't work in that port, all
other devices do.
| And if i remove the port, will it come back on bootup?

in message news:<OxNc5ntaEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
| > Open device manager and remove the port.
| >
| > Reboot.
| >

| > <andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > | I have had the same trouble over and over with USb
| > products, and it's
| > | just getting plain annoying.
| > |
| > | When I connected a USB device to my computer, I was
| > impatient as
| > | Microsoft was taking a long time to regonize it. So I
| > pulled out the
| > | USB cord and Windows said "you may not be able to use
you
| > USB devise"
| > | or something like that. Fine. So when I tried to
reconnect
| > the (same)
| > | devise a day later to the SAME usb port, the computer
made
| > the "USB
| > | disconnect" sound "the deep beep" two times. This
proved
| > the same
| > | every time I connectwed the same device to the same
USb
| > port. Of
| > | course, when I connected the device to another USB
port on
| > the same
| > | computer, everything worked fine. This has happened to
me
| > before.
| > | Basically what I want to know is how do you "reset" a
| > certain USB
| > | port? One port is dead to one device, and I'm sure
there
| > is a way to
| > | kind of "reset" that port. Thanks for any help.

Good idea, but its just kind fo annoying...
I guess I will just forget it.

Nathan McNulty <525676@betaweb.com> wrote in message news:<#GmfcC2aEHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Actually, it isn't the port if other USB products are working in the
> same port. If you remove it, yes, it will show back up as Windows will
> reinstall it for you.
>
> Have you tried using a different USB cable? But that doesn't seem to
> make sense if it works in other USB Ports. Why not just use it in what
> works and not worry about it? Windows probably got messed up when you
> plugged it in and removed it while it was trying to install it.
>
> Nathan McNulty
>
> android wrote:
>
> > No, only one USb product diesen't work in that port, all other devices do.
> > And if i remove the port, will it come back on bootup?
> >
> > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message news:<OxNc5ntaEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> >
> >>Open device manager and remove the port.
> >>
> >>Reboot.
> >>

> >> <andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> products, and it's

> impatient as
> pulled out the
> USB devise"
> the (same)
> the "USB
> the same
> port. Of
> the same
> before.
> certain USB
> is a way to

Problem solved- went to Device Manager, anmd uninstalled the driver
for the produt I was using... it worked