Disappearing FlashDrive

I have a 128MB USB FlashDrive which is recognized by my XP Pro when I plug
it in, but a few seconds later it disappears from the Windows Explorer left
hand pane.
When it is shown it is not displaying any name or drive letter.
If I then go into Computer Management, it is shown both in the USB area of
the Device Manager, and in the Disk Management area, where it is given an
appropriate Drive Letter.
If I then change the drive letter to another free one, it will be shown in
Windows Explorer and I can use it.
However if I unplug it from the USB channel this process reverts back to
disappearing mode again.
I have used it successfully for several months before this started.
A possible clue is that I did install a pseudo-drive using Daemon, but have
since deleted that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Brian Tozer
1 answer Last reply
More about disappearing flashdrive

    Take a look here. http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst
    Scroll to " How things can go wrong with a USB Device".
    "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
    > I have a 128MB USB FlashDrive which is recognized by my XP Pro when I plug
    > it in, but a few seconds later it disappears from the Windows Explorer
    left
    > hand pane.
    > When it is shown it is not displaying any name or drive letter.
    > If I then go into Computer Management, it is shown both in the USB area of
    > the Device Manager, and in the Disk Management area, where it is given an
    > appropriate Drive Letter.
    > If I then change the drive letter to another free one, it will be shown in
    > Windows Explorer and I can use it.
    > However if I unplug it from the USB channel this process reverts back to
    > disappearing mode again.
    > I have used it successfully for several months before this started.
    > A possible clue is that I did install a pseudo-drive using Daemon, but
    have
    > since deleted that.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Brian Tozer