HP pavillion PC with Lucent modem

I upgraded from Windows ME to XP & now my Modem will only
operate at 14.4BPs yet it is 1 %6K Modem

HP site should provide XP driver for this modem. If it's not, uninstall the
modem and reboot.

Try this:
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=84088

User: driver1
Pass: all
Same for everyone ;)

You can also uninstall it and add it as a Generic 56k modem, but that
may prevent you from being able to turn the sound off when connecting.

Nathan McNulty