A8V and SATA 300gb Drive/Partition

Can you use a 300GB SATA drive (one partition) with an Asus A8V motherboard?
If not, what is the largest drive/partition available to an A8V?

I was perusing the Asus Web site and noticed that the A8N-SLI Deluxe
supports SATA 3Gb/s. However, I don't believe this motherboard is currently
available.

Thanks in advance.

Otm Shank

Hi, your HD should be ok, make sure that if you've XP then you must have at
least SP1 installed....
Chris C
"Otm Shank" <o_shank@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can you use a 300GB SATA drive (one partition) with an Asus A8V
> motherboard?
> If not, what is the largest drive/partition available to an A8V?
>
> I was perusing the Asus Web site and noticed that the A8N-SLI Deluxe
> supports SATA 3Gb/s. However, I don't believe this motherboard is
> currently
> available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Otm Shank

Would it also work with Windows 2000?

Otm

"Chris Catt" <cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, your HD should be ok, make sure that if you've XP then you must have
at
> least SP1 installed....
> Chris C
> "Otm Shank" <o_shank@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Can you use a 300GB SATA drive (one partition) with an Asus A8V
> > motherboard?
> > If not, what is the largest drive/partition available to an A8V?
> >
> > I was perusing the Asus Web site and noticed that the A8N-SLI Deluxe
> > supports SATA 3Gb/s. However, I don't believe this motherboard is
> > currently
> > available.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> > Otm Shank

Paul

Splendid

In article <4Mhvd.45684$Qv5.11081@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, "Otm Shank"
<o_shank@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Would it also work with Windows 2000?
>
> Otm

Then you need SP3:

http://www.48bitlba.com/win2k.htm

Paul

> "Chris Catt" <cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, your HD should be ok, make sure that if you've XP then you must have
> at
> > least SP1 installed....
> > Chris C
> > "Otm Shank" <o_shank@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Can you use a 300GB SATA drive (one partition) with an Asus A8V
> > > motherboard?
> > > If not, what is the largest drive/partition available to an A8V?
> > >
> > > I was perusing the Asus Web site and noticed that the A8N-SLI Deluxe
> > > supports SATA 3Gb/s. However, I don't believe this motherboard is
> > > currently
> > > available.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >

> > > Otm Shank

Thank you Paul. That site is very helpful.