External HD not in 'My Computer'

Deleted member 3023

My USB 2.0 hard drive seems configured properly -it appears in the device manager under hard drives, claims to be working properly, has an eject icon on the task bar, etc.- yet it is not appearing under a drive letter in 'My Computer' so I cannot access it.

Halp!
--
cae

"Corey" <Corey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My USB 2.0 hard drive seems configured properly -it appears in the device
manager under hard drives, claims to be working properly, has an eject icon on
the task bar, etc.- yet it is not appearing under a drive letter in 'My
Computer' so I cannot access it.

Did you format it? If not, right click on "My Computer",
then click on "Manage", then on "Disk Management".
Click on the window that displays your USB drive to
select it, and go from there.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

Deleted member 3023