Asus P3B-F with 1008.004, P3-1.0 GHz (slot1) crashs when c..

An Asus P3B-F with Bios 1008.004, P3-1.0 GHz (slot1) on WinXP Sp1
randomly crashs when connecting an Olympus usb camera and downloading
pictures. It just crashs down/reboots without bluescreen or whatever.

Also happens randomly when connectiing a GSM device to usb port and
downloading maps.

Powersupply: o.k., memory: o.k., ATI RageXL: o.k., no entries in
eventlog. Disabled USB Legacy support in Bios.

mbachmann wrote:

> An Asus P3B-F with Bios 1008.004, P3-1.0 GHz (slot1) on WinXP Sp1
> randomly crashs when connecting an Olympus usb camera and downloading
> pictures. It just crashs down/reboots without bluescreen or whatever.
>
> Also happens randomly when connectiing a GSM device to usb port and
> downloading maps.
>
> Powersupply: o.k., memory: o.k., ATI RageXL: o.k., no entries in
> eventlog. Disabled USB Legacy support in Bios.

Did you try with _en_abled USB legacy support in BIOS?

Roy

> Did you try with _en_abled USB legacy support in BIOS?

Yes. Crashs.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:34:20 +0100, mbachmann <mbachmann@umeta.de>
wrote:

>> Did you try with _en_abled USB legacy support in BIOS?
>
>Yes. Crashs.

I would suspect the motherboard for bad caps (capacitors) or the power
supply.

best regards

John