Wireless to wired network

I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless laptop to
it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does connect
through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the hard
wire computers.
5 answers Last reply
More about wireless wired network

    Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?

    noyb wrote:

    > Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?
    >
    > "Dave wireless" <Dave wireless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:B1453C65-2BD6-4CC5-9BF7-F6F75D8A1CD6@microsoft.com...
    >> I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network
    >> is wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a
    >> wireless laptop
    >> it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does
    > connect
    >> through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of
    >> the
    > hard
    >> wire computers.

    It isn't necessary that they all have the same workgroup name, although
    it is nicer that way. Here are some links to help you with the
    networking. Go through the network troubleshooter (first link) by MVP
    Hans-Georg Michna first. This will help you narrow down the issues.

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Yes they do they are under mshome and the comupter names are the proper ones
    as per the manufacturer

    "noyb" wrote:

    > Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?
    >
    > "Dave wireless" <Dave wireless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
    > > wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless laptop
    > > it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does
    > connect
    > > through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the
    > hard
    > > wire computers.

    www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    "Dave wireless" <Dave wireless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
    > wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless laptop
    > it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does
    > connect
    > through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the
    > hard
    > wire computers.

    run the wireless network wizard in XP. That should set it up correctly.

    "noyb" <noyb@noyb> wrote in message
    > Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?
    >
    > "Dave wireless" <Dave wireless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network is
    >> wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a wireless
    >> laptop
    >> it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does
    > connect
    >> through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the
    > hard
    >> wire computers.

Wireless Laptops Wireless Networking