Your question

Windows 7 & Sleep Mode

Tags:
  • Sleep Mode
  • Windows 7
  • Computers
Last response: in Windows 7
January 23, 2011 6:10:50 PM

I have been using my new computer for about 3 months now but from day one the sleep mode hasn't seemed to work properly. It seems to be fine for a few weeks but than all of a sudden it will stop going into sleep mode and sometimes wake itself up own its own. If I re-apply the sleep mode settings it seems to function properly again for a little while but than eventually stop going to sleep. I googled the issue and it seems to be a fairly common issue with win 7 but I was just wondering if anybody has any suggestions as to why this is happening. My Specs Are...
Win 7 64 bit
Intel i7-870
4 gigs ddr3
Nividia gts 450 (latest drivers)
Onboad Sound Card VIA Audio
Thanks to anyone who can share any advice.

More about : windows sleep mode

a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2011 7:41:47 PM

You can adjust specific features in your control panel/Power options
There's really too many options to list.
Have a look.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2011 7:54:57 PM

Sleep mode always seems to be buggy. I've seen it on every make of computer.
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2011 8:24:02 PM

When I used sleep mode on Vista, it would change whenever I did an update. All I had to do was reset it if there was a change. I'm not sure if this is the exact cause, but the correlation is there. I think Davcon has the best idea, though. Just go into your power management options and edit accordingly.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2011 8:26:25 PM

i've seen people suggesting disabling of 'wake on...' within the power settings, doesn't help if you have windows home server or similar though and want to do overnight backups.
m
l
!