Windows 7 & Sleep Mode

I have been using my new computer for about 3 months now but from day one the sleep mode hasn't seemed to work properly. It seems to be fine for a few weeks but than all of a sudden it will stop going into sleep mode and sometimes wake itself up own its own. If I re-apply the sleep mode settings it seems to function properly again for a little while but than eventually stop going to sleep. I googled the issue and it seems to be a fairly common issue with win 7 but I was just wondering if anybody has any suggestions as to why this is happening. My Specs Are...
Win 7 64 bit
Intel i7-870
4 gigs ddr3
Nividia gts 450 (latest drivers)
Onboad Sound Card VIA Audio
Thanks to anyone who can share any advice.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows sleep mode
  1. You can adjust specific features in your control panel/Power options
    There's really too many options to list.
    Have a look.
  2. Sleep mode always seems to be buggy. I've seen it on every make of computer.
  3. When I used sleep mode on Vista, it would change whenever I did an update. All I had to do was reset it if there was a change. I'm not sure if this is the exact cause, but the correlation is there. I think Davcon has the best idea, though. Just go into your power management options and edit accordingly.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team
  4. i've seen people suggesting disabling of 'wake on...' within the power settings, doesn't help if you have windows home server or similar though and want to do overnight backups.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sleep Mode Windows 7 Computers