A7V333 and a firewire HDD

Frankie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2001

Hi,

I have a combo external HDD. When I connect it to my USB2 connector it works
without any problems, but when I connect him to my firewire I can access the
drive for a few seconds, then my Explorer hangs, my drive is lost with a
code 43 and I get a Delayed Write Fail message to the m:\$mft.

The drive connected to firewire on an other PC works fine, so I think the
enclosure isn't the problem.

Does anybody know what to do?

My mainbord as an A7V333
My OS is Windows XP SP2

Regards,

Frank

I use firewire to D/L video without errors.

Does the Firewire have a setting like USB that turns it off if not in use ?

the_gnome