P5GD1-VM - ITE controller not compatible with linux?

Hi!

May it be that the beforementioned controller (ITE 8211) is not
compatible with the latest linux kernel version (2.6.9)? I cannot
believe that! Who knows more about it?

For me, it is not working actually. Impossible to connect my PATA
harddrives.

Thanks for help. Kind regards

Philipp

Philipp E. Imhof wrote:
> Hi!
>
> May it be that the beforementioned controller (ITE 8211) is not
> compatible with the latest linux kernel version (2.6.9)? I cannot
> believe that! Who knows more about it?
>
> For me, it is not working actually. Impossible to connect my PATA
> harddrives.
>
> Thanks for help. Kind regards
>
> Philipp

Alan Cox has been working on a driver for the ITE 8212 at least, it is
in the -ac series of kernel patches.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Robert Hancock wrote:
> Alan Cox has been working on a driver for the ITE 8212 at least, it is
> in the -ac series of kernel patches.

Thank you very much. I read about this patch, but I did not try
it, because the information was rather little. I will wait for
2.6.10, thinking that it will not take very long...

Regards

Philipp