Epson R200 Print CD problem

Does anyone else have problems printing text onto CDs using the Print CD
Version 1.20A software supplied with the Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer?

After I enter text, Print CD displays the input surrounded by a "box" with
handles which can be used to resize this "box". The algorithm used to size this
box doesn't always work well for me.

Sometimes, but NOT always, the need to resize the text "box" can be seen on the
screen display (truncated letters). But some text which looks fine on screen,
even when zoomed in and with the text not selected - so the "box" is not
displayed, is truncated on the CD. The printed text may be truncated at the
beginning and/or end of the text and it may truncate all or part of a letter.

It is VERY annoying to discover that the text box is missized AFTER ruining a
CD.

I tried the Epson support page (Seiko Epson Corp. holds a copyright on the
software) but they offered no immediate help. They said they would refer my
problem to their support staff but to expect no direct reply.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, is there any way to reliably tell
when a text box needs resizing?

Paul Core

ME

Corepaul wrote:
> Does anyone else have problems printing text onto CDs using the Print CD
> Version 1.20A software supplied with the Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer?
>
> After I enter text, Print CD displays the input surrounded by a "box" with
> handles which can be used to resize this "box". The algorithm used to size this
> box doesn't always work well for me.
>
> Sometimes, but NOT always, the need to resize the text "box" can be seen on the
> screen display (truncated letters). But some text which looks fine on screen,
> even when zoomed in and with the text not selected - so the "box" is not
> displayed, is truncated on the CD. The printed text may be truncated at the
> beginning and/or end of the text and it may truncate all or part of a letter.
>
> It is VERY annoying to discover that the text box is missized AFTER ruining a
> CD.
>
> I tried the Epson support page (Seiko Epson Corp. holds a copyright on the
> software) but they offered no immediate help. They said they would refer my
> problem to their support staff but to expect no direct reply.
>
> Is anyone else having this problem? If so, is there any way to reliably tell
> when a text box needs resizing?
>
> Paul Core

I don't think that the text box will resize by using the handles. I
resize using the menu - and yes check that all the prints there before
starting to print.

corepaul@aol.combvwertz (Corepaul) wrote in

> Does anyone else have problems printing text onto CDs using the Print
> CD Version 1.20A software supplied with the Epson Stylus Photo R200
> printer?
>
> It is VERY annoying to discover that the text box is missized AFTER
> ruining a CD.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm learning that I may need
to print my design to a regular piece of paper first. I've got placement
issues when using PSP8.10 and I've wasted four CD's so far and still
haven't got it right.

--
Remove INVALID from e-mail address.