windows xp home edition sp 2

hi people
i have two computers linked through a wireless network i have the internet
shared on them but i can not file share (cant even see the computer in the
workgroup but can ping the ip i set up for the computer with the broardband
internet connection) it was working ok one way when i had one of the m
working on SP1 when i upgraded the computer it went down any ideas as to why
its not working
i have notron internet security 2002 installed on the computer with the
broardband connection and trend micro internet security installed in the
other one

thanks in advance for any help you can give me
7 answers Last reply
More about windows home edition

    www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    "Carey Holzman" wrote:

    > www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
    >
    > Carey

    broken link sorry

    I had same problem....norton internet security was the problem. Uninstall or
    if you can't then make sure everything is disabled in the program.
    Barb

    "Mothreal" wrote:

    > hi people
    > i have two computers linked through a wireless network i have the internet
    > shared on them but i can not file share (cant even see the computer in the
    > workgroup but can ping the ip i set up for the computer with the broardband
    > internet connection) it was working ok one way when i had one of the m
    > working on SP1 when i upgraded the computer it went down any ideas as to why
    > its not working
    > i have notron internet security 2002 installed on the computer with the
    > broardband connection and trend micro internet security installed in the
    > other one
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help you can give me

    Link is not broken. I just verified it. The site has been up for quite some
    time... Please try again.

    > "Carey Holzman" wrote:
    >
    >> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
    >>
    >> Carey
    >

    > broken link sorry

    You need to check Windows XP SP2 firewall
    Good Luck!

    "Mothreal" wrote:

    > hi people
    > i have two computers linked through a wireless network i have the internet
    > shared on them but i can not file share (cant even see the computer in the
    > workgroup but can ping the ip i set up for the computer with the broardband
    > internet connection) it was working ok one way when i had one of the m
    > working on SP1 when i upgraded the computer it went down any ideas as to why
    > its not working
    > i have notron internet security 2002 installed on the computer with the
    > broardband connection and trend micro internet security installed in the
    > other one
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help you can give me

    We can't find "www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm"

    You can try again by typing the URL in the address bar above.
    Or, search the Web:
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

    It works. Try it on a different computer.

    > We can't find "www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm"
    >
    > You can try again by typing the URL in the address bar above.
    > Or, search the Web:

Computers Windows XP Wireless Networking