  • Windows XP
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 10, 2005 3:39:04 PM

hi people
i have two computers linked through a wireless network i have the internet
shared on them but i can not file share (cant even see the computer in the
workgroup but can ping the ip i set up for the computer with the broardband
internet connection) it was working ok one way when i had one of the m
working on SP1 when i upgraded the computer it went down any ideas as to why
its not working
i have notron internet security 2002 installed on the computer with the
broardband connection and trend micro internet security installed in the
other one

thanks in advance for any help you can give me

More about : windows home edition

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:52:13 PM

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"Mothreal" <Mothreal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi people
> i have two computers linked through a wireless network i have the internet
> shared on them but i can not file share (cant even see the computer in the
> workgroup but can ping the ip i set up for the computer with the
> broardband
> internet connection) it was working ok one way when i had one of the m
> working on SP1 when i upgraded the computer it went down any ideas as to
> why
> its not working
> i have notron internet security 2002 installed on the computer with the
> broardband connection and trend micro internet security installed in the
> other one
>
> thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:52:14 PM

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
>
> Carey

broken link sorry
January 10, 2005 6:11:01 PM

I had same problem....norton internet security was the problem. Uninstall or
if you can't then make sure everything is disabled in the program.
Barb

"Mothreal" wrote:

> hi people
> i have two computers linked through a wireless network i have the internet
> shared on them but i can not file share (cant even see the computer in the
> workgroup but can ping the ip i set up for the computer with the broardband
> internet connection) it was working ok one way when i had one of the m
> working on SP1 when i upgraded the computer it went down any ideas as to why
> its not working
> i have notron internet security 2002 installed on the computer with the
> broardband connection and trend micro internet security installed in the
> other one
>
> thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:45:46 PM

Link is not broken. I just verified it. The site has been up for quite some
time... Please try again.

> "Carey Holzman" wrote:
>
>> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
>>
>> Carey
>

> broken link sorry
January 11, 2005 12:51:02 AM

You need to check Windows XP SP2 firewall
Good Luck!

"Mothreal" wrote:

> hi people
> i have two computers linked through a wireless network i have the internet
> shared on them but i can not file share (cant even see the computer in the
> workgroup but can ping the ip i set up for the computer with the broardband
> internet connection) it was working ok one way when i had one of the m
> working on SP1 when i upgraded the computer it went down any ideas as to why
> its not working
> i have notron internet security 2002 installed on the computer with the
> broardband connection and trend micro internet security installed in the
> other one
>
> thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 4:09:03 PM

We can't find "www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm"

You can try again by typing the URL in the address bar above.
Or, search the Web:
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:26:07 PM

It works. Try it on a different computer.

!