D:/ is not accessible

When I click on my D: drive I get the error that it is not
accessible. Yet when I place a NON blank CD-R into the
drive it works just fine. Any clues?

It does this on blank CD-Rs or blank CD-RWs? I've heard of this
happening on CD-RW's, but not CD-Rs. I would try uninstalling any CD
Writing software you have installed and then reinstall the latest version ;)

Here's a couple of links too:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129&Product=winxp

Nathan McNulty