trying to plug guitar into mic jack in
tower...............sound comes from speaker but sound
recorder doesnt work.......help please....

First, what kind of sound card do you have? I would highly suggest using
the Line-In if you have one for the guitar. Second, what are your
settings the the Volume Properties? You have to select the Microphone
(or Line-In) as the recording source.

Do this:

Click Start-Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices-Audio Tab-Click
Volume under Sound Recording (next to the microphone)-Now make sure that
Microphone (or Line-In if you choose to use that) is selected by
checking the box under it.

Now it should record for you ;)

Nathan McNulty