Speakers stopped working

The speakers on my system have stopped working. I've
tried powering off, back on, disconnecting, re-
connecting, ect. all to no avail. System is an IBM
NetVista with Infinity speakers; approx 18 months old.
speakers were working fine until about 1 week ago.

SoundMAX integrated Digital Audio is what shows up when I
look in the control panel under Sounds and Audio Devices
Properties.

Please help if possible. Teenagers are getting
restless... :)

Power switch for speakers? Speakers unplugged from wall outlet?

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

wrote in news:2dd9a01c46baa$4244bd30$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> The speakers on my system have stopped working. I've
> tried powering off, back on, disconnecting, re-
> connecting, ect. all to no avail. System is an IBM
> NetVista with Infinity speakers; approx 18 months old.
> speakers were working fine until about 1 week ago.
>
> SoundMAX integrated Digital Audio is what shows up when I
> look in the control panel under Sounds and Audio Devices
> Properties.
>
> Please help if possible. Teenagers are getting
> restless... :)

Test if your speakers really do still work. Plug them into a portable
CD player or portable radio to see if the speakers work with that other
audio source. Then test your audio output on your computer. Plug in a
set of headphones (known to work with your CD player or portable radio)
to see if you hear anything coming out your computer's line-out jack.

(E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)

I know that the speakers I have require one to be plugged
into the outlet but the other has batteries in it. Could
the batteries be dead?
Good luck!