memtest-86 reports errors

Hi,
when i am testing the memory with the linux tool memtest-86 i get errors
when using the L1 and L2 cache. When i disable cache mode there are no
errors. Is the processor defect or is it a configuration problem of the
mainboard?

Thanks

Paul Jawlinski wrote:
> Hi,
> when i am testing the memory with the linux tool memtest-86 i get errors
> when using the L1 and L2 cache. When i disable cache mode there are no
> errors. Is the processor defect or is it a configuration problem of the
> mainboard?

It could just be that your BIOS needs to be updated to the current
version. A few years ago, I put a 512MB module into a CUSL2 and
memtest86 gave errors when checking it. I updated to the latest
available BIOS at that time and all was well. That same machine is
still humming along today in my daughter's hands.

TRENDING THREADS