Huge amounts of daily BSOD. HALP.

Sup guys. First post and all. I'll get specs out of the way first.

Had my pc for 3 months now, was a barebones bundle I added a HD, graphics and sound card too with a few other extras. I'm running a i5-760, 4gb of Geil RAM with a Gigabyte - P55 US3L Motherboard, a Seagate internal hd, 2 externals and i've added my old HD, no overclocking either but all the problems occured from day one to be honest. Funny thing is, i've done a clean install of Win7 64bit, problems still occured. Have windows xp in dual boot and....no problems whatsoever running XP for any period of time.

First problem is the excessive, (literally up to 4 bluescreens in a evening) shut downs. It can vary hugely, sometimes i'll start it up and leave it, come back and find it's BSOD'd without me even using it, sometimes it's after 4 hours of running heavy music production software, literally random. I haven't found a root cause or program that triggers it. I've pretty much been googling and following advice and troubleshooting myself, overheating, etc etc but still....no luck.

The WhoCrashed logs are giving me DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, probably caused by ntoskrnl.exe 95% of the time and jraid.sys the other 5%. I also get SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION, again ntoskrnl.exe. Also I get a ton of driver related ones, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION or DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL and a ton of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I've had a few others of the top of my head I can't remember, but most seem to be on that general theme. Also when I did a disk check on startup, I got to the second section of it and got a page fault in non paged area BSOD.

Also to really throw a curveball I keep getting ''ATI Driver Has Stopped Responding'' literally at random times, all i'll be doing is watching a video on youtube for example, then the screen hangs for a few seconds, then comes back with the pop up in the bottom corner. I've uninstalled drivers, used a driver cleaner, used ccleaner, reinstalled again, then a different driver, followed a ton of stuff on the ATI forums, no luck. After so many times it'll just hang on me. Actually playing a game, nothing intensive or a quick first person shooter, half the time I wouldn't even make it past the menus with the computer either giving me a no signal on the screen or it totally locking up and the sound stuttering in a loop till I switched it off. On XP, like I said before, I can play for hours, leave it, come back and everything is fine. Weird.

If theres any more info you need just ask. Minidumps and all that jazz. I've tried re-seating stuff and take care of the inside of the case so thats not a issue...

Thanks in advancee.
1 answer Last reply
More about huge amounts daily bsod halp
  1. Could be anyone of the following causing the issue.
    Faulty drivers
    Hardware issue
    Anti-virus software problem
    Overclocking too far
    Uninstall CCC manager in add/remove
    Download and install DriverSweeper
    Run DS in safemode
    Check off ATI
    Analyze and remove
    Restart normal
    Re-install CCC from AMD's site
    I would also Memtest my ram one stick at a time.

    http://phyxion.net/Products/Products/Driver-Sweeper
    http://www.memtest.org/
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Windows 7