Installing Canoscan FB 320P

I have problems installing my Canoscan FB 320P in Windows XP, Packard Bell PC. My XP scanner driver doesn't seem to be working although it's the official Canon XP driver. Do I need to make other adjustments to my settings?

Thanks,

Raymond

"Raymond Uppelschoten" <Raymond Uppelschoten@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:96A4EDCD-661A-4D10-A33F-A83FA121C74F@microsoft.com...
| I have problems installing my Canoscan FB 320P in Windows XP, Packard Bell
PC. My XP scanner driver doesn't seem to be working although it's the
official Canon XP driver. Do I need to make other adjustments to my
settings?

| Thanks,
|
| Raymond

Hi Raymond -

Do you have the latest software for your scanner? It's available here:
http://software.canon-europe.com/Scanners/Flatbed_Scanners/CanoScan_FB320P453.asp

If your scanner connects via USB you'll want to disconnect the scanner and
un-install the existing software (assuming you don't have the latest version
which supports Windows XP). Then install the new version, connecting the
scanner only when directed by the installer (or after rebooting the computer
following the install).

Jef

Raymond Uppelschoten wrote:
> I have problems installing my Canoscan FB 320P in Windows XP, Packard
> Bell PC. My XP scanner driver doesn't seem to be working although
> it's the official Canon XP driver. Do I need to make other
> adjustments to my settings?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raymond

Sorry, but my crystal ball doesn't appear to be functioning. Could you
please enlighten me as to what "doesn't appear to be working" means,
exactly? Do you receive any errors? Could you please confirm that this is
the driver you have http://tinyurl.com/29mvt?