DVD Drive

When I turned on my computer today July 17, 2004, I saw that the DVD drive had a flashing light. I pressed the access button to open it and it will not open. I think it is interfearing with my start up process. I tried using a sharp object to pry open the DVD drive door but that did not work either. Is there any command in the Windows XP Program that I can use to open my DVD door?
3 answers Last reply
More about drive

    Yvonne,

    I found that hunting knives work the best. Watch your fingers in case it slips.

    "Yvonne" wrote:

    > When I turned on my computer today July 17, 2004, I saw that the DVD drive had a flashing light. I pressed the access button to open it and it will not open. I think it is interfearing with my start up process. I tried using a sharp object to pry open the DVD drive door but that did not work either. Is there any command in the Windows XP Program that I can use to open my DVD door?

    The real tiny hole in the face of the drive is not for ventilation and a
    straightened paperclip will fit in there quite nicely. When you press in
    gently the drawer will open.

    --
    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Yvonne" <Yvonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I turned on my computer today July 17, 2004, I saw that the DVD drive
    > had a flashing light. I pressed the access button to open it and it will
    > not open. I think it is interfearing with my start up process. I tried
    > using a sharp object to pry open the DVD drive door but that did not work
    > either. Is there any command in the Windows XP Program that I can use to
    > open my DVD door?

    There's an "eject" command (right click on the drive in My Computer), but
    I'd be surprised if it worked for you.

    Some CD drives have an emergency ejection feature. It's a small hole in the
    front of the drive. A largish paper clip, straightened, is usually about the
    right size/stiffness.

    Best of luck.

    Address altered. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

    "Yvonne" <Yvonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I turned on my computer today July 17, 2004, I saw that the DVD drive
    had a flashing light. I pressed the access button to open it and it will
    not open. I think it is interfearing with my start up process. I tried
    using a sharp object to pry open the DVD drive door but that did not work
    either. Is there any command in the Windows XP Program that I can use to
    open my DVD door?

DVD Drives Windows XP