How to share printer ?

I got the files shared thanks to Malke. Thank you. But I'm still having a
hard time configuring the printer. I went to ControlPanel > Printer > Share
this printer and when it asked me to type in the printer name on the network
although I typed in the printer name correctly which is "Printer1" it give
me an error message saying it can't find that printer on the network.

I don't know what I should do. Please help me on this. My set-up is pretty
simple I guess. I have a desktop and a laptop both with Windows XP and I
have a Lynksis wireless network router for the laptop.

Thank you

yuke
2 answers Last reply
More about share printer

    When you install the printer, in add printers, you must set it up as a
    network printer, not a local printer.

    "Yuke" <yusukeyu44@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I got the files shared thanks to Malke. Thank you. But I'm still having a
    >hard time configuring the printer. I went to ControlPanel > Printer > Share
    >this printer and when it asked me to type in the printer name on the
    >network although I typed in the printer name correctly which is "Printer1"
    >it give me an error message saying it can't find that printer on the
    >network.
    >
    > I don't know what I should do. Please help me on this. My set-up is pretty
    > simple I guess. I have a desktop and a laptop both with Windows XP and I
    > have a Lynksis wireless network router for the laptop.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > yuke

    I am having the same probs - not as simple as adding network printer though.
    I have 2 x dell laptops, both running XP Home (SP2); 2 x BT voyager 1060
    wireless adapter; 1 x Linksys WAG54G(UK) wireless-g ADSL . I have connected
    to the Internet (BT broadband) simply enough but have run the network set up
    wizard till am blue in the face but without apparent success at joining my 2
    laptops so that they can share files and share printer.

    I keep getting the error message regarding the Wireless Zero Configuration;
    have enabled it, disabled it and set to auto but still no joy. Is this a red
    herring?

    On both laptops I do however see the wireless connection symbols - wirelss
    connection and signal strength and both seem to tell me that I am connected.
    Not sure or confident as to actual status; have asked each computer to map
    the network and neither shows that it sees the other.

    Firewall is, I think, disabled on both laptops. Would VERY MUCH appreciate
    some guidance and ideally be able to speak it through with someone.

    Many thanks in anticipation,

    Paul Miller

    "Robert Jacobs" wrote:

    > When you install the printer, in add printers, you must set it up as a
    > network printer, not a local printer.
    >

    > "Yuke" <yusukeyu44@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I got the files shared thanks to Malke. Thank you. But I'm still having a
    > >hard time configuring the printer. I went to ControlPanel > Printer > Share
    > >this printer and when it asked me to type in the printer name on the
    > >network although I typed in the printer name correctly which is "Printer1"
    > >it give me an error message saying it can't find that printer on the
    > >network.
    > >
    > > I don't know what I should do. Please help me on this. My set-up is pretty
    > > simple I guess. I have a desktop and a laptop both with Windows XP and I
    > > have a Lynksis wireless network router for the laptop.
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > yuke

Printers Wireless Networking