P4PE-X/TE hangs up under Windows 2003 Server

we have an P4PE-X/TE running under Windows 2003 Server (Intel(R) Pentium(R)
4 CPU 2.80GHz, 512 MB).

Sometimes we need to restart the PC twice ore three times daily, since it
hangs up and ist not showing any reavtions. Does anyone know this problem ?
Does anyone run this mainboard under 2003 Server?

Gerd
1 answer Last reply
More about p4pe hangs windows 2003 server

    In article <cpvfqj$crt$01$1@news.t-online.com>, "Hans Goldman"
    <HansGoldman@web.de> wrote:

    > we have an P4PE-X/TE running under Windows 2003 Server (Intel(R) Pentium(R)
    > 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 512 MB).
    >
    > Sometimes we need to restart the PC twice ore three times daily, since it
    > hangs up and ist not showing any reavtions. Does anyone know this problem ?
    > Does anyone run this mainboard under 2003 Server?
    >
    > Gerd

    Does the computer pass memtest86 (memtest.org) memory test
    error free ? Perhaps adjusting the memory timings, increasing
    Vdimm (memory voltage supply), or reducing the processor clock
    (FSB) is required.

    You might also get a copy of Prime95 (mersenne.org), as that
    is a good test for both the processor and the memory. Run
    Prime95 "Torture Test", after memtest86 has shown the memory
    to be error free. Prime95 contains some kind of consistency
    check, and Prime95 recognizes when a mathematical calculation
    is incorrect. An error in Prime95 indicates either a processor
    or a memory error.

    The third test, is to run some version of 3DMark (originally
    from site www.madonion.com, but now known as futuremark.com).
    3DMark will push a lot of data through the video card, and
    a crash in 3DMark will indicate a problem with the AGP or
    video card. I like 3DMark2001SE (possibly available from an
    archive site somewhere), as it doesn't need the latest
    version of DirectX.

    Once you've collected some test data, post your problem details
    again. Include more details as well, such as 2.8GHz 512KB cache
    FSB800 and the size and brand of ATX power supply you are using.

    HTH,
    Paul

Asus Windows Server 2003 Servers Motherboards