USB Thumb Drive problem with XP

July 17, 2004 7:57:33 PM

My T40 model 2373 A9U is having problems with thumb
drives. On a previous technical call I was advised to
update bios to the latest version and then reinstall XP
from the options in access IBM blue button. I used a
thumb drive to transfer my contacts (pst) and perhaps
some other files. Now, a day later, when I insert a USB
thumb Drive I get a message saying the drive is not
formatted and when I select format I get a message that
the format can't be completed. Other USB devices work
fine, just not USB drives.

My four thumb drives work fine on all of my other
computers as well as worked fine when I first got the T40.

All diagnostics and device manager info say the devise is
working properly.

I need some sage advice on this one.

Thanks
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 11:59:51 PM

You tried the drive in another computer, just ot make sure that its not
broken?

!