printer won't install. "canon s300 "

no matter what i try my printer or driver won't install.
ive tried the add hard ware wizard,new found hrdware wiz-
ard, and when i go to control panel and click on printers
and faxes-add printer i get a box that say's it cannot do.
iv'e tried sevaral ways to install the driver. i even went
on line and tried to let canon install it.couldn't do it.
i've used this printer for about six months and it works
good. had to reinstall my os and havn't been able to use
it since . can someone please help?
thanks, jack

It would be helpful if you could give the exact error mesage.

"jack m" wrote:

> no matter what i try my printer or driver won't install.
> ive tried the add hard ware wizard,new found hrdware wiz-
> ard, and when i go to control panel and click on printers
> and faxes-add printer i get a box that say's it cannot do.
> iv'e tried sevaral ways to install the driver. i even went
> on line and tried to let canon install it.couldn't do it.
> i've used this printer for about six months and it works
> good. had to reinstall my os and havn't been able to use
> it since . can someone please help?
> thanks, jack

it really doesn't give an error message. it just say's
cannot install.the device manager shows the printer is
working,and installed, but when i click print, the wizard
ask, which printer?, but doesn't give a selection.
thanks, Jack