marius

Help me please, I am receiving this message quite often,
which is resulting in my computer restarting.
The only recently installed program to us my USB is my
DSL modem, which I have reinstalled twice.
I want to get the fix from microsoft as it says you can
request the fix from a support proffessional at :
us;331988 but I refuse to be subject to a $35 fee as they
admit it is a bug in XP.
Anyone able to help me get it without having to pay $35!??

Call and ask for the fix specifically by the kb article.

You won't be charged as long as they don't have to help you find the fix.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Marius" <catfan08@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> Help me please, I am receiving this message quite often,
> which is resulting in my computer restarting.
> The only recently installed program to us my USB is my
> DSL modem, which I have reinstalled twice.
> I want to get the fix from microsoft as it says you can
> request the fix from a support proffessional at :
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;331988 but I refuse to be subject to a $35 fee as they
> admit it is a bug in XP.
> Anyone able to help me get it without having to pay $35!??

Why is there a charge for a fix that is only required due to a Microsoft bug?

"Jason Tsang" wrote:

> Call and ask for the fix specifically by the kb article.
>
> You won't be charged as long as they don't have to help you find the fix.
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "Marius" <catfan08@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> > Help me please, I am receiving this message quite often,
> > which is resulting in my computer restarting.
> > The only recently installed program to us my USB is my
> > DSL modem, which I have reinstalled twice.
> > I want to get the fix from microsoft as it says you can
> > request the fix from a support proffessional at :
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> > us;331988 but I refuse to be subject to a $35 fee as they
> > admit it is a bug in XP.
> > Anyone able to help me get it without having to pay $35!??

Whatever are you talking about?