Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

On my XP Home laptop I use a firewire hard disc to save
my music files for use with iTunes. If i disconnect the
drive and connect other devices, and then reconnect the
hard drive its drive letter has sometimes changed,
meaning that iTunes cannot find it automatically. Does
anyone know a way to fix the drive letter of a removeable
drive?

"Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On my XP Home laptop I use a firewire hard disc to save
> my music files for use with iTunes. If i disconnect the
> drive and connect other devices, and then reconnect the
> hard drive its drive letter has sometimes changed,
> meaning that iTunes cannot find it automatically. Does
> anyone know a way to fix the drive letter of a removeable
> drive?

If you set the drive letter in "Disk Management" say to "Z" and always plug
your device into the same firewire socket it should always come up with the
same drive letter.
Works for me.

Ray