Angry Birds Maker Rovio Acquires Futuremark's Game Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

what possible interest does rovio have in futuremark

make the future of pc gaming based off angry birds?

I get 3d mark scores are a joke. and angry birds is a joke ripped off a flash game... so they have that in common. but futuremark is a benchmark of sorts.... its destroyed by being associated with rovio..... you just have to laugh at someone who uses a bench mark backed by angry birds.

ramon1

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
[citation][nom]eeeee122323[/nom]what possible interest does rovio have in futuremarkmake the future of pc gaming based off angry birds?[/citation]

That's the harsh reality, the future of gaming is casual gaming.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Coming Soon...Angry Bird 3D on PC....

Min Requirement:
i7
8GB RAM
Radeon 7970 or whatever top of the line GPU.
24" LED TouchScreen Monitor

Features:
3D Angrybird with 10million poly per bid.
Real feathers
Fluffing feathers
Texturized bird shit with HDR lightning
PhysX and Havok support
Multiplayer options
DLC content

Future:
Kinect Support

So there you have it....

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I wonder what they will truly gain from buying that company. The engines used in 3dmark have always been inefficient (they are hard to run and the graphics are not even close to what a modern high end PC game can do)

The only thing I can see this doing is increasing the system requirements of the games with out making them look much better. or doing wasteful things like 16k 32 bit uncompressed textured air with tessellation, HDR, particle physics, ray tracing, with all at 100% transparency since you are not suppose to be able to see the air (but at least you will know that the air be behaving like real air)

G

Hey guys, Futuremark just sold their game studio to Rovio but not whole company.

dosdecarnitas

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
well futuremark made a nice deal since benchmarking in no more than 3 years will not be that important or not worth while at all, once 14nm hits every cpu and GPU available, any netbook should play modern games without breaking a sweat, nice example is all the ULTRAbooks coming to IVy Bridge

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]Coming Soon...Angry Bird 3D on PC....Min Requirement:i7 8GB RAMRadeon 7970 or whatever top of the line GPU.24" LED TouchScreen MonitorFeatures:3D Angrybird with 10million poly per bid.Real feathersFluffing feathersTexturized bird shit with HDR lightningPhysX and Havok supportMultiplayer optionsDLC contentFuture:Kinect SupportSo there you have it....[/citation]
Hah, that made me laugh.
Future Toms comments:
But can It play.....AngrybirdHDMax3dExtreme edition?

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]dosdecarnitas[/nom]well futuremark made a nice deal since benchmarking in no more than 3 years will not be that important or not worth while at all, once 14nm hits every cpu and GPU available, any netbook should play modern games without breaking a sweat, nice example is all the ULTRAbooks coming to IVy Bridge[/citation]
And what? Computing upgrades will simply just stop?

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]djang[/nom]Hey guys, Futuremark just sold their game studio to Rovio but not whole company.[/citation]
futuremark no longer need the game studio for making stupid games, they only have to focus on making benchmark software that will run fast on specific brand processor who feed them and run slow on other brand processor :)

ramon1

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
[citation][nom]ramon1[/nom]That's the harsh reality, the future of gaming is casual gaming.[/citation]

don't be stupid, it's not me who you need to be voting down, you need to be voting down companies intending to do turn gaming into a hell of free 2 play, pay 2 win, casual gaming, vote them down with your wallets, where it hurts them the most.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Damn...here we go with Angry Birds splattered all over benchmark tests now...lol. Taking over the World! Kind of reminds me of some James Bond'esque evil genius plot of putting out an addictive game sold to millions and eventually add subliminal attack messages when the timing is right. Oh no!!! May explain why an airline stewardess and pilot went nutso recently...hmmmm? Test runs? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.