p4p8x setting ram frequency to lower value

Hello

I have Asus P4p8x flashed to p4p800. The problem is that contrary to
what manual states the only dram frequency values avalaible in BIOS
(version 1019) are "auto" or "400". I use two infineon pc3200 ddr400
512mb chips in dual channel mode. How can i set them to e.g 333mhz or
266mhz manually (I want to overclock my proccessor and need to do it in
order to compensate for fsb frequency increase)

thanks

Pawel

Paul

Splendid

In article <cq3ulu$l69$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>, Pawel Lacki
<welniak17@nooospam.poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have Asus P4p8x flashed to p4p800. The problem is that contrary to
> what manual states the only dram frequency values avalaible in BIOS
> (version 1019) are "auto" or "400". I use two infineon pc3200 ddr400
> 512mb chips in dual channel mode. How can i set them to e.g 333mhz or
> 266mhz manually (I want to overclock my proccessor and need to do it in
> order to compensate for fsb frequency increase)
>
> thanks
>
> Pawel

It was tried here, with the same results:

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=68727

Some PC4000 memory would solve the problem...

HTH,
Paul