xp or hardware?

i have 2 users on my laptop with xp. only when one particular user is logged on, my computer shuts itself off randomly - at any time it feels like - usually after 8-12 minutes of operation without any warning whatesoever.

what could it be? i have live antivirus and ran checks by spybot and adaware so it is clean enough. any help will be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware

    What are the differences between the two users?

    Check to see [use task manager] what applications and / or processes are common and any that are unique.

    "razaalidada" wrote:

    > i have 2 users on my laptop with xp. only when one particular user is logged on, my computer shuts itself off randomly - at any time it feels like - usually after 8-12 minutes of operation without any warning whatesoever.
    >
    > what could it be? i have live antivirus and ran checks by spybot and adaware so it is clean enough. any help will be appreciated.

Hardware Windows XP