'No Disk' error message when some prodrams load files

Paul

Splendid

Hi

I have just bought an EPoX Mini Me barebones system and
filled it with hard disk, dvd drive etc. all is ok except I
am frequently given this message (happens most frequently
in Realplayer but it has happened with other programs):

Realplay.exe ? No Disk

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into
drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR2.

Cancel Try Again Continue

On pressing continue all seems to work ok. Keeps popping up
though ? whenever the program needs to load a file it
seems. It gets the file afterwards fine.

Can anyone offer any help / advice?

Thanks
Paul

Carl

go to ad remove programs and uninstall realplayer.

--
Carl
"Paul" <ptc82@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just bought an EPoX Mini Me barebones system and
> filled it with hard disk, dvd drive etc. all is ok except I
> am frequently given this message (happens most frequently
> in Realplayer but it has happened with other programs):
>
> Realplay.exe ? No Disk
>
> There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into
> drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR2.
>
> Cancel Try Again Continue
>
> On pressing continue all seems to work ok. Keeps popping up
> though ? whenever the program needs to load a file it
> seems. It gets the file afterwards fine.
>
> Can anyone offer any help / advice?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Actually, that won't do anything. This error usually occurs when the
last accessed file from a program was at that location. I agree that
RealPlayer needs to be uninstalled as I absolutely hate that program,
but that isn't necessarily the source of the problem.

I would check for viruses, malware, see if the problem continues in Safe
Mode, and finally do a Repair Operation if all else fails.

----
Nathan McNulty