p5ad2 premium

hi

how i can see if sata is enable in my configuration (bios),
hyperthreading activate
can i activate intel pat ? where in bios ?

tia

PS: why no notice in french ?

Paul

Splendid

In article <mn.a4407d4cc1b7055f.13446@fear.fr>, id wrote:

> hi
>
> how i can see if sata is enable in my configuration (bios),
> hyperthreading activate
> can i activate intel pat ? where in bios ?
>
> tia
>
> PS: why no notice in french ?

There are six interfaces on the Southbridge. There
are two IDE devices on one cable, and four SATA interfaces.
They map to these entries, but I do not know which is which.

Primary IDE Master
Primary IDE Slave
Third IDE Master
Third IDE Slave
Fourth IDE Master
Fourth IDE Slave

There are SATA interfaces on a RAID chip as well, but
those should show up in the RAID BIOS screen. The most
convenient interfaces to use are the SATA interfaces on
the Southbridge SATA1,SATA2,SATA3,SATA4. (Software
install is painless for those.)

Pg.90 Section 4.4.4 "Hyper Threading Technology" [Enabled]
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5AD2/e169_p5ad2premium.pdf

I'm not sure about "intel pat". Take a look at Pg.92 of the
manual above, and set "Hyper Path 2" [Enabled] ? You should
also try Pg.85 "Performance Mode" [Standard]. This could
require low latency memory, as on the 875/865 chipset, I think
PAT would not enable with CAS3 memory, and it is possible
there is a CAS restriction on this board too. In any case,
you'll need to use a Windows utility to verify whether PAT
is enabled or not.

Download this program, and use the "memory" tab. There is
an entry there called "Performance mode". I don't know
whether CPUZ has been updated fully for the 915/925 or
not, and I don't have a board to test it. Try the settings
above and see if Performance mode is enabled.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

HTH,
Paul

hi paul

u know i want only sata , no raid
my HD's are connected to sata 1 (red) =>master
sata 3 (black) => slave

they are not connected to sataraid slots

in my window manager of peripherals i have that

! Mass storage control !=problem
ITE 8212 ata raid controller installed

In my support Cd of MB asus i have installed that :

-intel chip
-C média
-gigabit ethernet driver
-ITE 8212 driver application
-silicon image sata driver

so how have sata , only configured ?
and how have no problem (mass storage control) in my manager of
péripherals ?

tia Paul for ur answers and good help

Paul

Splendid

In article <mn.abc77d4cf04e2c20.13446@fear.fr>, id wrote:

> hi paul
>
> u know i want only sata , no raid
> my HD's are connected to sata 1 (red) =>master
> sata 3 (black) => slave
>
> they are not connected to sataraid slots
>
> in my window manager of peripherals i have that
>
> ! Mass storage control !=problem
> ITE 8212 ata raid controller installed
>
> In my support Cd of MB asus i have installed that :
>
> -intel chip
> -C média
> -gigabit ethernet driver
> -ITE 8212 driver application
> -silicon image sata driver
>
> so how have sata , only configured ?
> and how have no problem (mass storage control) in my manager of
> péripherals ?
>
> tia Paul for ur answers and good help

Section 4.3.6 of the manual:

Configure SATA as [Standard IDE]
Onboard IDE Operate Mode [Enhanced]
Enhanced mode support on [S-ATA]

What this does, it make the SATA drives look like ordinary
IDE drives. If you do a fresh install of Win2K or WinXP,
then no custom drivers will be necessary to see your SATA
disks. You should not need to press F6 during the install
of Windows, with that setting.

I would recommend at a minimum, that you install the
"intel chipset" drivers, as they allow the hardware on
the motherboard to be enumerated properly. For onboard
sound, install Cmedia. To use the Ethernet, install
the gigabit ethernet driver.

You can always disable the ITE8212 and the SIL3114R
if you aren't using them. That will reduce the
time wasted during POST (power on self test). See
section 4.4.6 of the manual and set:

ITE8212F Controller [Disabled]
Silicon Image Controller [Disabled]

The "mass storage" message could be due to something
you have plugged into a USB port ? Perhaps a USB
card reader, or a USB hard drive ? Normally Windows
would give a driver for that, I would think. Maybe if
you have installed the "Intel chipset" drivers, that
problem will resolve itself.

HTH,
Paul

and after install Ati Catalyst drivers , my mouse USB (logitech 310)
don't run !
but she's detected on bios but don't run after (no light of optical)
( yesterday she make the same thing after install driver and i reboot
today , she run !!! )

my OS is win xp pro sp2

tia

Paul avait soumis l'idée :
> In article <mn.abc77d4cf04e2c20.13446@fear.fr>, id wrote:
>
>> hi paul
>>
>> u know i want only sata , no raid
>> my HD's are connected to sata 1 (red) =>master
>> sata 3 (black) => slave
>>
>> they are not connected to sataraid slots
>>
>> in my window manager of peripherals i have that
>>
>> ! Mass storage control !=problem
>> ITE 8212 ata raid controller installed
>>
>> In my support Cd of MB asus i have installed that :
>>
>> -intel chip
>> -C média
>> -gigabit ethernet driver
>> -ITE 8212 driver application
>> -silicon image sata driver
>>
>> so how have sata , only configured ?
>> and how have no problem (mass storage control) in my manager of
>> péripherals ?
>>
>> tia Paul for ur answers and good help
>
> Section 4.3.6 of the manual:
>
> Configure SATA as [Standard IDE]
> Onboard IDE Operate Mode [Enhanced]
> Enhanced mode support on [S-ATA]
>
> What this does, it make the SATA drives look like ordinary
hi paul

why my mouse usb don't run ???
when i install codec and players (bsplayer , médiaplayer) , reboot , no
light optical , no usb !!
reboot no usb
reboot no usb

use drivers microsoft (xp sp2) ? how réinstall these drivers (command
line ?)
use drivers of my mouse logitech ?? (mx310) ??

settings for usb in bios ??
settings ( S1 , S3 ??? )

tia

Joyeux Noèl ;)