Halo CE pc, HEK

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

OK, I have these, and am still reading through all the docs, and putting
together the things I think I'm going to need to simply edit some things
in some maps. Is anyone else reading this ng working on modding
anything in Halo CE??

McG.
6 answers Last reply
More about halo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    > OK, I have these, and am still reading through all the docs, and putting
    > together the things I think I'm going to need to simply edit some things
    > in some maps. Is anyone else reading this ng working on modding
    > anything in Halo CE??

    The only useful feature i have seen in CE so far is the "F3" button -
    showing the names of your team on the map. It's great for knowing where
    your team is (Those stupid triangles dont do it well enough and they go
    invisible in timberland) and lets you direct who goes where and does what
    because you know *WHO* is is that is on thier own on the left side etc.

    James.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    James Mourby wrote:
    >> OK, I have these, and am still reading through all the docs, and
    >> putting together the things I think I'm going to need to simply edit
    >> some things in some maps. Is anyone else reading this ng working
    >> on modding anything in Halo CE??
    >

    > The only useful feature i have seen in CE so far is the "F3" button -
    > showing the names of your team on the map. It's great for knowing
    > where your team is (Those stupid triangles dont do it well enough and
    > they go invisible in timberland) and lets you direct who goes where
    > and does what because you know *WHO* is is that is on thier own on
    > the left side etc.
    >
    > James.

    Right. There have gotta be more useful things we can do with this.
    Having full access to all commands and features with at least LAN access
    would have been useful. I've got a lot of reading to do yet!
    McG.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    > OK, I have these, and am still reading through all the >docs, and putting
    > together the things I think I'm going to need to simply >edit some things
    > in some maps. Is anyone else reading this ng working >on modding
    > anything in Halo CE??
    >
    > McG.

    Ola! :)
    I'm trying to mod something... but I see a lot of things to learn like 3DMax
    or sapien or guerrilla... now i'll try to change some colors... but I want
    to create a completely new map...

    If u have some question i'm here to answer! :)
    Good work!

    P.s. do u know some console commands?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Pierpo wrote:
    >> OK, I have these, and am still reading through all the >docs, and
    >> putting together the things I think I'm going to need to simply
    >> >edit some things in some maps. Is anyone else reading this ng
    >> working >on modding anything in Halo CE??
    >>
    >> McG.
    >>

    > Ola! :)
    > I'm trying to mod something... but I see a lot of things to learn
    > like 3DMax or sapien or guerrilla... now i'll try to change some
    > colors... but I want to create a completely new map...
    >
    > If u have some question i'm here to answer! :)
    > Good work!

    I wanna be able to use a Warthogs weaps while driving it. ??

    > P.s. do u know some console commands?

    Well, yeah....they all came with it in the docs :) If you run the game
    with the switches -console -devmode then you can use all the codes. You
    can load a map, but you can't connect with Multiplayer.

    If you've installed the HEK, then in your HEK\Tutorial folder you'll see
    index.html. Open it :) Click on Console Command List over on the left.
    You got it.
    McG.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "McGrandpa"
    > I wanna be able to use a Warthogs weaps while driving it. ??

    Yes you can!!! :) Just use HMT (Halo Map Tool)
    - open a map
    - find the vehicle attributes (I don't remember where exactly these are...)

    here you can find the passengers ability like trow grenade or use the
    machine gun, just ceck what you want to do...
    you can also use the mg and drive! ^_^ This is too fun!!!
    Good Playing!!!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    Pierpo wrote:
    > "McGrandpa"
    >> I wanna be able to use a Warthogs weaps while driving it. ??
    >>

    > Yes you can!!! :) Just use HMT (Halo Map Tool)
    > - open a map
    > - find the vehicle attributes (I don't remember where exactly these
    > are...)
    >
    > here you can find the passengers ability like trow grenade or use the
    > machine gun, just ceck what you want to do...
    > you can also use the mg and drive! ^_^ This is too fun!!!
    > Good Playing!!!

    Hm... as in HMT3.rar from The Junkyard? There is sure nuthin like that
    with the HEK! ;)
    McG.

Games Video Games