linksys wrv54g

I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When windows xp
loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems to
function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone experienced
this problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about linksys wrv54g

    Jerry wrote:

    > I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When
    > windows xp
    > loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems
    > function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone
    > experienced this problem?

    That's just the color of the light on that particular router. My Linksys
    Wireless-G access point has an amber light for LAN, too.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    I don't believe that is correct.
    The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the previous
    same model router had a green light during operation..

    Jerry wrote:

    > I don't believe that is correct.
    > The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the
    > previous same model router had a green light during operation..

    Well, my light is amber and my network has been working perfectly for
    over a year and the colors match up to what is specified in the manual
    for my device. If your device is different and your manual says the
    light should be green, contact Linksys tech support for advice as to
    what is wrong and for a possible replacement.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"

    I had this problem and it actually went to red. Discussion with techs
    revealed that plugging in the router first and then the modem or vice versa
    is the problem. Simply unplug both from the wall, then plug the router in
    first followed by the modem. If that fails, unplug both from the wall, plug
    in the modem first followed by the router. One of these two worked for my
    system.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Jerry wrote:
    >
    > > I don't believe that is correct.
    > > The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the
    > > previous same model router had a green light during operation..
    > >
    > Well, my light is amber and my network has been working perfectly for
    > over a year and the colors match up to what is specified in the manual
    > for my device. If your device is different and your manual says the
    > light should be green, contact Linksys tech support for advice as to
    > what is wrong and for a possible replacement.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Elephant Boy Computers