ASUS USA site vs. DE site

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Any particular reason why the software updates on the USA site are always
WAY behind the DE site?

Also, years ago I remember a "Tech Support Page" on the DE site that had a
historical listing of all software releases and their description/changes
(in english) in near realtime. Anyone have the link to this page?

Is there an english entry into the DE support site?

Thanks :)

-Larry

Paul

Splendid

In article <Dauyd.8676$jn.6887@lakeread06>, "Larry" <none@none.com> wrote:

> Any particular reason why the software updates on the USA site are always
> WAY behind the DE site?

I get the impression that the updates are coming from the German site,
and are redistributed to the other sites in a week or so. You never
see a BIOS update first on another site, and then on the German site.

> Also, years ago I remember a "Tech Support Page" on the DE site that had a
> historical listing of all software releases and their description/changes
> (in english) in near realtime. Anyone have the link to this page?

The German site received a "makeover", that had all the earmarks
of head office reining in their fun. Some of the pages ended up
being cosmetically ugly, as a result. The FAQ pages are still
there, but they don't look as nice.

BIOS release notes are available for the release BIOS, but not
for the beta BIOS. If you go to an Asus download page, there are
"more" links on each line of the page. The "more" link for
a BIOS file contains the release notes for the file. This is a
sample of the popup you get when clicking a "more" link:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/descript.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=21&l3_id=4&m_id=1&key_f_name=1002.zip

The only thing wrong with that system, is BIOS releases that
are removed from the download page, also lose their "more"
link, so you can no longer discover what bugs were fixed
in those releases. In a situation like that, you have to
visit web.archive.org and look up the Asus web page, at
some past point in time.

> Is there an english entry into the DE support site?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> -Larry

The site is designed to make you fluent in German :)

(Try babelfish.altavista.com)

Paul

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks :)

From what I gather, ASUS just doesn't want us to know anything :)

-Larry

Larry wrote:
> From what I gather, ASUS just doesn't want us to know anything :)

You are not going to suggest that Asus doesn't want (the) US to know
anything;-)

Roy

From what an asus tech told me the bisses were written in Germany and put on
the site immediately they were available.

I think the other website admins then picked this up when they checked the
german server.

Sounds strange but that was his answer to the same question I asked

"Roy Coorne" <RoyCoorne@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Larry wrote:
> > From what I gather, ASUS just doesn't want us to know anything :)
>
> You are not going to suggest that Asus doesn't want (the) US to know
> anything;-)
>
> Roy

>From: "Peacekeeper" turnert@removespambigpond.net.au

>From what an asus tech told me the bisses were written in Germany and put on
>the site immediately they were available.

So if I download a BIOS update from the German site, will it work on my English
BIOS/board? Thanks.

PawsForThought wrote:
>>From: "Peacekeeper" turnert@removespambigpond.net.au
>

>>From what an asus tech told me the bisses were written in Germany and put on
>
>>the site immediately they were available.
>

> So if I download a BIOS update from the German site, will it work on my English
> BIOS/board? Thanks.
Yes, plus the German version flash utility has two nice programs bundled
with it. One resets your bios default settings without having to short
the mobo pins, and the other saves all of your bios settings to a text
file.

TRENDING THREADS