New PC WXP SP1

Hi!
I just assembled a new PC for somebody else (my first) and
i always have that message when i start up the PC.:

"IOC,TRL failed, PV92 tray will be closed. code 19"
and the header for that message is : PC tel HSP Modem V.92
configuration".
I didn't need a modem so i got it out of the computer and
i cancelled it in Device Manager. It still pop up when
restart. I would like to deliver the PC without that
annoying message!!

Somebody can help!!
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Boot into Safe Mode and check Device Mangaer to see if the pesky modem is
    gone - if not, remove it.

    "francine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > I just assembled a new PC for somebody else (my first) and
    > i always have that message when i start up the PC.:
    >
    > "IOC,TRL failed, PV92 tray will be closed. code 19"
    > and the header for that message is : PC tel HSP Modem V.92
    > configuration".
    > I didn't need a modem so i got it out of the computer and
    > i cancelled it in Device Manager. It still pop up when
    > restart. I would like to deliver the PC without that
    > annoying message!!
    >

    > Somebody can help!!

    Thanks a lot, really appreciate this!!

Windows XP