Fixing a mouse after virus

Julie

I recently had several viruses on my computer (AVG called
them downloader.agent). The viruses have been removed. The
mouse either wanders, moves erractically, or does not move
at all. The mouse can not be controlled. I have tried
uninstalling the mouse and then reinstalling it to no
avail. It is a trackball (built in) on a think pad laptop.

Thank you :)
Julie

Do you have your microphone enabled? This can cause the mouse to be erratic.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently had several viruses on my computer (AVG called
> them downloader.agent). The viruses have been removed. The
> mouse either wanders, moves erractically, or does not move
> at all. The mouse can not be controlled. I have tried
> uninstalling the mouse and then reinstalling it to no
> avail. It is a trackball (built in) on a think pad laptop.
>
> Thank you :)
> Julie

Julie

No microphone.

Uninstall the mouse software. Go to device manager, delete the mouse, and
reboot. Upon reboot, windows will load it's generic mouse drivers. Go to
the website of the mouse manufacturer, and download the latest drivers for
whatever version of windows you are running. Install the drivers. Reboot.

Bobby