xp sp2 wireless network problem

since installing xp sp2, I have been unable to connect ot the internet from
any pc on my network except the host. The wireless network connection box
shows the network as connected. however, i cannot see any of the pcs in the
network in the network connections box. I have run the home network and
wireless network set up wizzards more times than I care to remember since
installing xp sp2 but to no avail!! Any one any ideas on how to resolve this
problem??

Any advice would be appreciated.... I've run out of ideas.
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless network problem

    KB wrote:

    > since installing xp sp2, I have been unable to connect ot the internet
    > from
    > any pc on my network except the host. The wireless network connection
    > box shows the network as connected. however, i cannot see any of the
    > pcs in the
    > network in the network connections box. I have run the home network
    > and wireless network set up wizzards more times than I care to
    > remember since
    > installing xp sp2 but to no avail!! Any one any ideas on how to
    > resolve this problem??
    >
    > Any advice would be appreciated.... I've run out of ideas.

    Service Pack 2 automatically enables the Windows Firewall. If you are
    not running a third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet
    in Control Panel and enable File & Printer Sharing on the Exceptions
    tab. If you are using a third-party firewall (and have properly
    configured it to allow your lan traffic as Trusted), then turn the
    Windows Firewall off. You don't want two firewalls running, and a
    third-party program will be better than the WF.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

Wireless Network Windows XP Wireless Networking