p4 socket 478 or lga775

Hi,

I would like to build a machine that will mostly be used for gaming. Would
it be better to use the P4C800E-Deluxe along with a Northwood P4(Prescotts
seem to be slightly slower and a lot hotter) or 915p chipset based MB such
as the P5GD2 Deluxe which requires Prescott and PCIe video card.

TIA,

John

John Manning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to build a machine that will mostly be used for gaming. Would
> it be better to use the P4C800E-Deluxe along with a Northwood P4(Prescotts
> seem to be slightly slower and a lot hotter) or 915p chipset based MB such
> as the P5GD2 Deluxe which requires Prescott and PCIe video card.
>
> TIA,
>
> John

If this is going to be a gaming PC I would go with the LGA775 and PCI
Express setup, just because that board will likely be more upgradable in
the future..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada