My brothers' computer has always had an issue with the bios on this
motherboard. Occasionally on boot up it will jump directly into the
bios and go to the "cpu level two cache" setting.

This would be understandable (but still annoying) if the setting was
wrong, but it doesn't matter if it's set to enabled or disabled, it will
still go to this screen at boot up 2 times out of ten.

Last night I updated the bios from 1011 to 1017 and it's still doing the
same thing.

Is this a common issue with this motherboard?

Not for me.... I still have my tusi-m with a celeron 1ghz running at
1.3ghz (133 fsb). It's been on for more than a year (minus blackouts)
and have had absolutely no problems with it...

Xanophile wrote:
> My brothers' computer has always had an issue with the bios on this
> motherboard. Occasionally on boot up it will jump directly into the
> bios and go to the "cpu level two cache" setting.
>
> This would be understandable (but still annoying) if the setting was
> wrong, but it doesn't matter if it's set to enabled or disabled, it will
> still go to this screen at boot up 2 times out of ten.
>
> Last night I updated the bios from 1011 to 1017 and it's still doing the
> same thing.
>

> Is this a common issue with this motherboard?

it seems like the board isn't grounded properly to the case ,sometimes
cardboard washers that came with the case are put between screws and
motherboard, remove them they will cause a bad ground and make the bios to
loose its settings good luck !!
"Xanophile" <xanophile@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> My brothers' computer has always had an issue with the bios on this
> motherboard. Occasionally on boot up it will jump directly into the bios
> and go to the "cpu level two cache" setting.
>
> This would be understandable (but still annoying) if the setting was
> wrong, but it doesn't matter if it's set to enabled or disabled, it will
> still go to this screen at boot up 2 times out of ten.
>
> Last night I updated the bios from 1011 to 1017 and it's still doing the
> same thing.
>

> Is this a common issue with this motherboard?

That could be worth a try. It wouldn't take much to remove the
motherboard and check the supports. The case is basically empty and the
motherboard is small.

After the kids go to bed tonight and the wife lets me get away for a
while I'll see if I'm up to it. Christmas eve, and all, so maybe in the
wee hours I'll see Santa.

:)

Guy1 wrote:
> it seems like the board isn't grounded properly to the case ,sometimes
> cardboard washers that came with the case are put between screws and
> motherboard, remove them they will cause a bad ground and make the bios to
> loose its settings good luck !!
> "Xanophile" <xanophile@hotpop.com> wrote in message
>
>>My brothers' computer has always had an issue with the bios on this
>>motherboard. Occasionally on boot up it will jump directly into the bios
>>and go to the "cpu level two cache" setting.
>>
>>This would be understandable (but still annoying) if the setting was
>>wrong, but it doesn't matter if it's set to enabled or disabled, it will
>>still go to this screen at boot up 2 times out of ten.
>>
>>Last night I updated the bios from 1011 to 1017 and it's still doing the
>>same thing.
>>

>>Is this a common issue with this motherboard?

How overclockable is this motherboard? I don't see a setting between 70
and 95 MHz in the manual. Is there a mystery setting for anything in
between?

Xanophile wrote:

> My brothers' computer has always had an issue with the bios on this
> motherboard. Occasionally on boot up it will jump directly into the
> bios and go to the "cpu level two cache" setting.
>
> This would be understandable (but still annoying) if the setting was
> wrong, but it doesn't matter if it's set to enabled or disabled, it will
> still go to this screen at boot up 2 times out of ten.
>
> Last night I updated the bios from 1011 to 1017 and it's still doing the
> same thing.
>

> Is this a common issue with this motherboard?

I used to jumperless mode (set the jumper for it.... go figure) and if
you're using a celeron, you can bump up to fsb to 133 pretty safely. My
1ghz had no problems at 1.3ghz (with pc-133 ram of course). You might
run into problems if you have pc-100 ram though.

As for heat, it really wasn't a factor for me, it only went up 2C.

Try iy out... doesn't hurt to try...