Windows Media Player 9

Windows Media Player will not start, any suggestions
4 answers Last reply
More about windows media player

    Does it give you an error? Does it just hang or just never appear? Try
    reinstalling it from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    John wrote:
    > Windows Media Player will not start, any suggestions

    Download and reinstall?

    "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows Media Player will not start, any suggestions

    I have same problem after re-installing. Note that this issue did not come up until I upgraded RealPlayer about a month ago. RealPlayer is not uninstalled.

    "Nathan McNulty" wrote:

    > Does it give you an error? Does it just hang or just never appear? Try
    > reinstalling it from here:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > John wrote:
    > > Windows Media Player will not start, any suggestions

    I highly recommend scrapping Real Player even if it doesn't fix the
    problem. That program is bloatware and poorly designed. I refuse to
    let it on my system and if a file is in RM format, I just won't watch
    it. It is possible that it changed settings for WMP and screwed it up,
    but unlikely. I can garuntee Real Player tries to take over all media
    formats, but that won't prevent WMP from starting either. Is DirectX up
    to date and does RealPlayer actually work?

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    DufferWD wrote:
    > I have same problem after re-installing. Note that this issue did not come up until I upgraded RealPlayer about a month ago. RealPlayer is not uninstalled.
    >
    > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
    >

    >>Does it give you an error? Does it just hang or just never appear? Try
    >>reinstalling it from here:
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp
    >>
    >>----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>

    >>John wrote:
    >>
    >>>Windows Media Player will not start, any suggestions

Hardware Microsoft Media Player Windows XP