Anyone? HP *a720n* Running Onboard Video & AGP Video?

I have a Hewlett Packard a720n running an ASUS a7v8x-la motherboard:

http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/a7v8x_la.htm

I'm thinking about buying the ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9600 & installing
to this board.
I have the All in Wonder 7500 on my ASUS A7M266 board & never had a
problem with it except it's analog & it's time to update.... ;0)

Anyone experienced this card before on this board? I'd like to actually
use both video adapters, is that possible to keep both enabled so that I
can hook up an additional moniter?

Thanks for any feedback..........
6 answers Last reply
More about anyone a720n running onboard video video

    am not sure..but I believe once you insert an AGP card the on-board graphics
    automatically disables.

    ByTor wrote:

    > I have a Hewlett Packard a720n running an ASUS a7v8x-la motherboard:
    >
    > http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/a7v8x_la.htm
    >
    > I'm thinking about buying the ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9600 & installing
    > to this board.
    > I have the All in Wonder 7500 on my ASUS A7M266 board & never had a
    > problem with it except it's analog & it's time to update.... ;0)
    >
    > Anyone experienced this card before on this board? I'd like to actually
    > use both video adapters, is that possible to keep both enabled so that I
    > can hook up an additional moniter?
    >
    > Thanks for any feedback..........

    I have an a620n, (same Motherboard) and if I remember correctly, it will
    disable the onboard video with the insertion of the videocard. I believe
    that you have to select which video you want in the BIOS also...
    --
    Kirbalo...

    K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 1600+
    1 Gig DDR, 120 GB, nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440
    SuSE Linux 9.2 Pro & XP Pro Dual Boot
    Linux 2.6.8-24.10-default
    10:57am up 1 day 15:42, 3 users, load average: 1.06, 1.09, 1.12

    In article <A5fzd.42968$GK5.2051330@news20.bellglobal.com>,
    whyme@help.com, dino says...

    > am not sure..but I believe once you insert an AGP card the on-board graphics
    > automatically disables.

    Thanks for the heads up, will def explore this..........

    In article <NJ6dneVPjYHEAVDcRVn-vA@comcast.com>, kirbalo@nospam.com,
    kirbalo says...

    > ByTor wrote:
    >

    > > I have a Hewlett Packard a720n running an ASUS a7v8x-la motherboard:
    > >
    > > http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/a7v8x_la.htm
    > >
    > > I'm thinking about buying the ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9600 & installing
    > > to this board.
    > > I have the All in Wonder 7500 on my ASUS A7M266 board & never had a
    > > problem with it except it's analog & it's time to update.... ;0)
    > >
    > > Anyone experienced this card before on this board? I'd like to actually
    > > use both video adapters, is that possible to keep both enabled so that I
    > > can hook up an additional moniter?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any feedback..........
    >
    > I have an a620n, (same Motherboard) and if I remember correctly, it will
    > disable the onboard video with the insertion of the videocard. I believe
    > that you have to select which video you want in the BIOS also...

    Interesting, thank you.....I'd definitely explore this. I should just
    shell out the $$ & just get the 9800 but will research some more...

    Thanks again........

    you will not be disappointed with a 9800....

    I am selling my 9800 Pro if anyone is interested, I will also bundle Doom 3
    with it.

    Thanks

    "dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
    > you will not be disappointed with a 9800....

Asus Hewlett Packard Video Motherboards