Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Anyone? HP *a720n* Running Onboard Video & AGP Video?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
December 25, 2004 11:31:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I have a Hewlett Packard a720n running an ASUS a7v8x-la motherboard:

http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/a7v8...

I'm thinking about buying the ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9600 & installing
to this board.
I have the All in Wonder 7500 on my ASUS A7M266 board & never had a
problem with it except it's analog & it's time to update.... ;0)

Anyone experienced this card before on this board? I'd like to actually
use both video adapters, is that possible to keep both enabled so that I
can hook up an additional moniter?

Thanks for any feedback..........
December 25, 2004 12:49:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

am not sure..but I believe once you insert an AGP card the on-board graphics
automatically disables.
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b V Motherboard
December 25, 2004 1:59:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

ByTor wrote:

>
> I have a Hewlett Packard a720n running an ASUS a7v8x-la motherboard:
>
> http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/a7v8...
>
> I'm thinking about buying the ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9600 & installing
> to this board.
> I have the All in Wonder 7500 on my ASUS A7M266 board & never had a
> problem with it except it's analog & it's time to update.... ;0)
>
> Anyone experienced this card before on this board? I'd like to actually
> use both video adapters, is that possible to keep both enabled so that I
> can hook up an additional moniter?
>
> Thanks for any feedback..........

I have an a620n, (same Motherboard) and if I remember correctly, it will
disable the onboard video with the insertion of the videocard. I believe
that you have to select which video you want in the BIOS also...
--
Kirbalo...

K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 1600+
1 Gig DDR, 120 GB, nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440
SuSE Linux 9.2 Pro & XP Pro Dual Boot
Linux 2.6.8-24.10-default
10:57am up 1 day 15:42, 3 users, load average: 1.06, 1.09, 1.12
Related resources
December 25, 2004 11:52:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

In article <A5fzd.42968$GK5.2051330@news20.bellglobal.com>,
whyme@help.com, dino says...

> am not sure..but I believe once you insert an AGP card the on-board graphics
> automatically disables.


Thanks for the heads up, will def explore this..........
December 25, 2004 11:55:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

In article <NJ6dneVPjYHEAVDcRVn-vA@comcast.com>, kirbalo@nospam.com,
kirbalo says...

> ByTor wrote:
>
> >
> > I have a Hewlett Packard a720n running an ASUS a7v8x-la motherboard:
> >
> > http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/a7v8...
> >
> > I'm thinking about buying the ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9600 & installing
> > to this board.
> > I have the All in Wonder 7500 on my ASUS A7M266 board & never had a
> > problem with it except it's analog & it's time to update.... ;0)
> >
> > Anyone experienced this card before on this board? I'd like to actually
> > use both video adapters, is that possible to keep both enabled so that I
> > can hook up an additional moniter?
> >
> > Thanks for any feedback..........
>
> I have an a620n, (same Motherboard) and if I remember correctly, it will
> disable the onboard video with the insertion of the videocard. I believe
> that you have to select which video you want in the BIOS also...
>

Interesting, thank you.....I'd definitely explore this. I should just
shell out the $$ & just get the 9800 but will research some more...

Thanks again........
December 26, 2004 1:17:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

you will not be disappointed with a 9800....
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2004 1:45:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I am selling my 9800 Pro if anyone is interested, I will also bundle Doom 3
with it.

Thanks


"dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
news:2CAzd.4077$Tn1.41901@news20.bellglobal.com...
> you will not be disappointed with a 9800....
>
>
!